Jump to content

bullets13

SETXsports Staff
  • Posts

    36,009
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    54

Everything posted by bullets13

  1. sure is! I don't know the lake that well, but I know of a Shawnee Shores. We hammered the bass there this summer.
  2. sounds about right to me.
  3. gonna be shocked if WOS holds HF to 13 points. their lowest point total is twice that because LCM ran the play clock down to 1 every play and HF only had 5 possessions for the game (scored 4 touchdowns).
  4. football coaches aren't going to let their football players do workouts for other sports during football season. I'm fairly certain YOU would complain if that was happening. So just because YOU think that football is more important doesn't mean it is to that kid.
  5. not allowing kids to play other sports is a good way to lose a lot of your best players. At HF Coach Waggoner came in and encouraged (almost demanded) his players to play multiple sports, and it's paid off in spades.
  6. I mean, it's still WOS, and their losses are to 4A-D1 #5 Bay City, Carthage, and then if they lose to HF, a horns team that should arguably be top-10 right now.
  7. I agree, but I won't argue that Gilmer's resume is pretty impressive, although they've beaten a lot of teams who were good last year but aren't doing so well this year. HF hasn't beaten a big name yet, but have absolutely dominated their last 4 games against some solid squads, and the LaMarque win has lost a little luster simply because LM is 2-3 against a very difficult schedule. If we beat WOS in two weeks we get in, and IMO if we do that we should jump into the middle somewhere, not just slide in at #10.
  8. Yet another example of diehard Trumpers doing what Trump tells them and selecting awful candidates to run in these races. It's crazy that the right nominated someone so bad that a leftwing nutter has a very realistic chance of beating him, in Texas of all places.
  9. I’m reluctant to make a prediction in this one. I will state that until WOS squeaked by the injury-riddled horns last year, the horns had won 3 straight, and out of that 5-year period this is the best HF team by a decent margin. Another thing that bodes really well for the horns is that their run defense has been fantastic this year. Jefferson is hard to slow down, but WOS may need to do some damage through the air to pull this one off.
  10. Heck of a job by the tigers to fight through an awful start to the game and turn it all the way around and end up with a fairly comfortable win
  11. It was a beaut, though. Into a 15 mph wind away from the returner and switched the field. He’s only had to punt 6 times in 5 games. He’s a very good place kicker, but IMO he could punt at a pretty high level in college. I’m going to talk to him about it and start making some calls and sending out some tape if he’s interested in pursuing it. His punting stats on max preps are way off
  12. Some stats from the Hitchcock game: Broussard- 13/13, 173 yds, 4 TDs (his yardage got killed by his kicker, who consistently pinned them back with touchbacks, and his defense who didn’t allow a first down until Hitchcock’s fourth possession) Heckaman- 6 rushes for 85 and a TD, 2 receptions for 8 yds Alfaro- 5 rushes for 17 yds and 2 TDs Long- 6 receptions for 71 yds and a TD, 5 tackles Craigen- 1 reception for 44 yds and a TD Sebastian- 3 receptions for 16 yds and a TD, 5/6 passing for 39 yds Korry- 1 reception for 36 yds and a TD Bell- 8 tackles, 1 int Reed- 9 tackles, 1 sack, 1 FR Sandoval- 7/7 xp, 6 touchbacks, 1 punt for 41 yds, 1 tackle important team stat: HF wasn’t called for its first penalty until midway through the fourth quarter.
  13. I was thinking the same thing. Wouldn’t be surprised if they move up Gilmer and either wait a week and see if someone else loses to push in HF on their bye week, or else wait two weeks to see if they beat WOS and then move them in if they do. That said, I firmly believe HF is one of the top ten teams in 4A-D2.
  14. Broussard with 16 touchdowns and 19 incompletions through five games. A couple of the touchdowns tonight were bombs
  15. 1st team D has given up 10 points in 4 weeks
  16. A few quick stats for tonight: Hitchcock had more possessions than first downs. Broussard had 4 touchdowns and didn’t have an incompletion. I can’t imagine where his stats would be right now if he’d had a meaningful 4th quarter throw since week 1.
  17. if the maxpreps page is right they're 23-11 on the year? I get that it's not as good as they've been in the past, but considering the move to 6A this thread feels like a bit of an overreaction. As for the football team moving up, it's not like they've played a lot of good teams at this point. Crosby seems okay. They lucked into an absolutely terrible district apart from two teams. At best their schedule is on par with last year's. I'd argue it's easier. Also worth asking, since we're comparing programs: would the volleyball team getting a high-end D-1 transfer at whatever you deem to be the most important position on the court to accompany their move to 6A have been beneficial? Because without a doubt that was a major help for the football team in their move.
  18. When I saw them in my head I was thinking "if this is their freshmen, what does the varsity look like?"
  19. Our freshmen played their freshmen tonight and they were HUGE. Trying to figure why some of them had tattoos and finally realized they don’t have a freshman team, and our freshmen were playing their JV. Freshman were down 14-13 at the half, did really well! Our JV came in in the 2nd half and beat up on them and it finished 35-14. All that to say, as big as they were, I wasn’t overly impressed with their lower levels.
  20. pretty sure the main driver of that over there may be our newest member. or else they just type exactly the same things in exactly the same way
  21. literally 6 weeks before that game they played and it was 61-56. so you missed my point there, apparently. but the vast disparity in scores makes mine, which was that a team with the right weapons that catches carthage on the right night always has a chance, no matter how small. and you are putting a lot of thought into what is merely a comment on a forum. I don't care who wins this game. In fact, I hope carthage beats them by 50. It might help my team out two weeks later.
  22. it'll most certainly be an upset if WOS wins.
  23. Pleasant Grove is another, they only lost by 14 to them last year. Last year Athens lost to Carthage 61-56. They’re 4-0 so far this year. I’m just saying, there’s a couple of teams out there that can keep it close under the right circumstances.
×
×
  • Create New...