bullets13
SETXsports Staff-
Posts
36,052 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
54
Everything posted by bullets13
-
Give me HJ.
-
I added a poll. I'm curious to see who the site goes with on this one.
-
I think Newton wins comfortably. I do think Hardin eats up enough clock to hold Newton under 40.
-
We do not, as far as I know
-
I only use the site to look at statewide scores, rankings, and to read the articles. That said, I miss being able to click on scores and scroll down and see every score from across the state. Tonight, which is a slow night with a lot of teams across the state having byes, there are 37 pages of scores to click through with 12 scores per page. Plus the graphics are distracting and make you have to look a little closer to see who is playing on each score. There’s no way I’m clicking through 37 pages (next week probably closer to 50) to see all the scores from around the state.
-
Been a rough couple of days
-
FINAL — Bridge City 3 at Vidor 27 — Discussion
bullets13 replied to SETXsports's topic in High School Football
It wasn’t a super violent push, but he wasn’t breaking up anything, he reacted and went and pushed him. Which led to things escalating. -
Not sure what’s “better”, playing a solid schedule and making everyone look bad, or playing a tough schedule and looking bad yourself. It’ll be fun watching one of the best quarterbacks in the state throw to one of the best and fastest receivers in the state going against one of the best cornerbacks in the state. Personally I hope WOS plays man. We’ve shown all year that we’ve got a bunch of different guys capable of getting open, so shutting down our best guy isn’t any sort of guarantee of success. Our line is much improved, so Broussard hasn’t run much, but he’s also very capable of picking up some yards with his legs if pressured or if nobody gets open. WOS is certainly capable of beating the horns, but I think your post may be a little over optimistic, and might be underestimating us. We lost by 2 to yall last year with half our team hurt (and beat yall 3 in a row before that) right before yall made a run all the way to state. We’re considerably better than last year and coming in healthy. Should be a fun game!
-
FINAL — Lufkin 7 at New Caney 0 — Discussion
bullets13 replied to SETXsports's topic in High School Football
Always nice to start the week hitting a pick that more than half of the folks got wrong -
FINAL — Lufkin 7 at New Caney 0 — Discussion
bullets13 replied to SETXsports's topic in High School Football
Unsportsmanlikes on 3 straight plays. 6 total in that span -
Difficult to navigate on my iPhone for sure
-
I can’t even find the live scoreboard on the website
-
Rough day to be a visible and accessible ambassador of DCTF
-
I think they would beat Bay City.
-
What Week 6 game(s) will you be attending?
bullets13 replied to AggiesAreWe's topic in High School Football
taking advantage of the bye week to go do some quick work at the deer lease and then a 24-hour turnaround to be back to watch my youngest show her rabbit at the rice festival. -
sure is! I don't know the lake that well, but I know of a Shawnee Shores. We hammered the bass there this summer.
-
sounds about right to me.
-
gonna be shocked if WOS holds HF to 13 points. their lowest point total is twice that because LCM ran the play clock down to 1 every play and HF only had 5 possessions for the game (scored 4 touchdowns).
-
Edited 10/1 at 2:28. Missed picking a game.
-
FINAL — Nederland 22 at Almeta Crawford 21 — Discussion
bullets13 replied to SETXsports's topic in High School Football
football coaches aren't going to let their football players do workouts for other sports during football season. I'm fairly certain YOU would complain if that was happening. So just because YOU think that football is more important doesn't mean it is to that kid. -
FINAL — Nederland 22 at Almeta Crawford 21 — Discussion
bullets13 replied to SETXsports's topic in High School Football
not allowing kids to play other sports is a good way to lose a lot of your best players. At HF Coach Waggoner came in and encouraged (almost demanded) his players to play multiple sports, and it's paid off in spades. -
I mean, it's still WOS, and their losses are to 4A-D1 #5 Bay City, Carthage, and then if they lose to HF, a horns team that should arguably be top-10 right now.
-
I agree, but I won't argue that Gilmer's resume is pretty impressive, although they've beaten a lot of teams who were good last year but aren't doing so well this year. HF hasn't beaten a big name yet, but have absolutely dominated their last 4 games against some solid squads, and the LaMarque win has lost a little luster simply because LM is 2-3 against a very difficult schedule. If we beat WOS in two weeks we get in, and IMO if we do that we should jump into the middle somewhere, not just slide in at #10.
-
Texas Senate Race -- Ken Paxton vs James Talarico
bullets13 replied to Reagan's topic in Political Forum
Yet another example of diehard Trumpers doing what Trump tells them and selecting awful candidates to run in these races. It's crazy that the right nominated someone so bad that a leftwing nutter has a very realistic chance of beating him, in Texas of all places. -
I’m reluctant to make a prediction in this one. I will state that until WOS squeaked by the injury-riddled horns last year, the horns had won 3 straight, and out of that 5-year period this is the best HF team by a decent margin. Another thing that bodes really well for the horns is that their run defense has been fantastic this year. Jefferson is hard to slow down, but WOS may need to do some damage through the air to pull this one off.