-
Posts
33,765 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
136
Everything posted by baddog
-
2026 AL West Division Champs Astros
baddog replied to baddog's topic in Professional Sports- NFL, NBA, MLB, Etc
Just a Google search since I said I have been wrong before. Not disputing your stats, but I thought he had a good year. Jeremy Peña's 2026 performance as a leadoff batter has been excellent, serving as a highly effective spark plug at the top of the lineup for the Houston Astros. [1] Peña's 2026 Splits as a Leadoff Batter When manager Joe Espada penciled Peña into the #1 spot in the batting order, the shortstop responded with high-level production. In 93 games batting first this season, his leadoff-specific metrics include: [1, 2] Batting Average: .270 Hits: 103 Home Runs: 17 (including multiple leadoff homers) RBIs: 44 Runs Scored: 68 [1, 2] (Note: Overall across all lineup spots in 2026, Peña hit .276 with 22 home runs, 81 runs, and an .802 OPS). [1] How He Compares to Other Leadoff Batters Peña brings a unique blend of power, contact, and improved plate discipline that places him among the upper tier of major league leadoff hitters. Elite Power for a Leadoff Hitter: Hitting 17 home runs purely from the leadoff spot puts him among the more dangerous power threats at the top of a lineup in MLB. His total of 22 home runs on the year matches his career high. [1, 2] Advanced Metric Growth: According to FanGraphs, Peña's metrics have surged over the 2025 and 2026 seasons. He has dramatically improved his ability to hit fastballs, dropping his strikeout rate against four-seamers and elevating his line-drive rate to 35.7%. This approach allows him to consistently set the table for power hitters like Yordan Alvarez trailing behind him. [1, 2, 3] Consistency: He has maintained a highly stable batting average (.270 as a leadoff man, .276 overall), making him a more reliable tone-setter than high-strikeout, low-average modern leadoff profiles. [1, 2] While pure speed-and-on-base leadoff archetypes might draw more walks, Peña’s ability to punish fastballs, hit for power, and limit empty swings has made his 2026 leadoff campaign an unqualified success for Houston -
2026 AL West Division Champs Astros
baddog replied to baddog's topic in Professional Sports- NFL, NBA, MLB, Etc
If the Astros can continue this hitting, the pitching can be mediocre. Spence batting in bottom of the order has given a huge spark to the rest of the hitters. For me, the way Peña goes with his hitting is a telltale sign. I’ve been wrong before. -
Not sure why Aubrey didn’t squib kick it. Terrible clock management on trying drive. Thought the clock ran out on the Ravens. Terrible way to lose. Some games are over in the 1st qtr.
-
Texas Senate Race -- Ken Paxton vs James Talarico
baddog replied to Reagan's topic in Political Forum
Also had a scare with Beto. I don’t understand what’s wrong with people’s thinking these days. Socialism/Communism is never the way to go. -
2026 AL West Division Champs Astros
baddog replied to baddog's topic in Professional Sports- NFL, NBA, MLB, Etc
A friend of mine, who is a diehard Yankees fan, and his wife is an Astros fan, has an Astros/Yankees matchup for the A LCS. -
2026 AL West Division Champs Astros
baddog replied to baddog's topic in Professional Sports- NFL, NBA, MLB, Etc
Astros are A.L. West Champs!!! -
2026 AL West Division Champs Astros
baddog replied to baddog's topic in Professional Sports- NFL, NBA, MLB, Etc
I guess I said the Astros had 2 paths because all we can do today is win or lose. Just the combinations make it 3. -
2026 AL West Division Champs Astros
baddog replied to baddog's topic in Professional Sports- NFL, NBA, MLB, Etc
I knew that and my math failed me this early in the morning. Lol -
2026 AL West Division Champs Astros
baddog replied to baddog's topic in Professional Sports- NFL, NBA, MLB, Etc
Yes, win win, win loss, loss loss. Rangers have one, win loss. Thanks. -
2026 AL West Division Champs Astros
baddog replied to baddog's topic in Professional Sports- NFL, NBA, MLB, Etc
Astros have two paths. Rangers only have one. -
2026 AL West Division Champs Astros
baddog replied to baddog's topic in Professional Sports- NFL, NBA, MLB, Etc
6-1 top 5th. Alvarez with a 3 run shot. -
2 games?
-
Well, I’d kick #1, Simmons, off my team. That was the most disgusting display of celebration I have ever seen. What a complete idiot. What’s wrong with these players?
-
Not what I said, but expected. You said politics played no role in rescue efforts and I proved that it does, so “on topic” was my response to your statement. How sickening that a government agency will pick and choose whom to assist after a national emergency. Nor’easter about to wipe NJ off the map. Watch the cries for assistance from Trump’s government….a government they hate. I bet the house Trump will give aide. BTW, I know you live in S.C. I did say your “region”.
-
2026 AL West Division Champs Astros
baddog replied to baddog's topic in Professional Sports- NFL, NBA, MLB, Etc
Astros botched a double play which was the start of the 6 run inning that was our demise. -
2026 AL West Division Champs Astros
baddog replied to baddog's topic in Professional Sports- NFL, NBA, MLB, Etc
Should the Astros win tonight, they only have to win one more game no matter what happens to the Rangers. This game isn’t over but we are winning by 1. -
Well, my Longhorns play the brunch game this week @ Tennessee. UT vs. UT. Should get interesting with Trump visiting and half prices concessions (including alcohol) starting @ 9:00 a.m. [Hidden Content]
-
March 8,2026 — WTI Crude Hits $110. THANKS TRUMP
baddog replied to HangPDFs's topic in Political Forum
You won’t get a like from the left on that one, Mat. Muslims killed around 3,000 civilians on 9/11. They’re not good at face to face confrontations unless they outnumber you. They have to be the most cowardly race/religion/ideology on the face of the planet. We do need to watch our step with the invaders. However, this war was inevitable and needed to happen. Heck, we had people who were against WWII, so it’s nothing new. If we had listened to them, we’d be speaking German or Japanese, or we would have been executed. Millions of us wouldn’t have even happened. -
2026 AL West Division Champs Astros
baddog replied to baddog's topic in Professional Sports- NFL, NBA, MLB, Etc
It was late when I posted last night and I was ready to turn in. I failed to mention that all the Astro’s runs were via HR. Spence hit a 3 run shot and 2 solos, while Paredes and Walker also hit solos. It’s gonna come down to the last 3 games. Who wants it more???? -
I wish they would keep walking and never come back. The UN is a useless bunch of suits who mostly represent impoverished countries. They meet and live in our beautiful country while stabbing the U.S. in the back. They can hold their little gatherings in another country of their choice, then maybe Mamdani can convert the building into a free grocery store.
-
2026 AL West Division Champs Astros
baddog replied to baddog's topic in Professional Sports- NFL, NBA, MLB, Etc
Double play to end it. Astros win 7-5 and remain tied for division lead. -
2026 AL West Division Champs Astros
baddog replied to baddog's topic in Professional Sports- NFL, NBA, MLB, Etc
Spence hits his 1st career HR. He now has 3 in the game. His swing reminds me of Terry Puhl. -
March 8,2026 — WTI Crude Hits $110. THANKS TRUMP
baddog replied to HangPDFs's topic in Political Forum
I thought about that but didn’t do the math. If it makes any difference, it was closer to ‘07-‘08. I still thought there was quite a disparity.