2014 Crosby

UTfanatic

please no comparrison between us and the ant mound.smh you have high expectations, but you talk so highly about Merka, beleive we beat yall with him so whats your point? HE did set yalls rushing record and thats my point. he rushed for 2600 yards. that is incredible. Comparing 1000 yard backs to a 2600 yard back doesnt mean doodley squat. All im saying is your offense wont be near as potent as it was last year. May be Maybe not. Might be better, but one thing for sure is we do want to see you again, maybe Morse is the answer maybe not, but it will be a team effort not an individual.

please no comparrison between us and the ant mound.smh you have high expectations, but you talk so highly about Merka, beleive we beat yall with him so whats your point? HE did set yalls rushing record and thats my point. he rushed for 2600 yards. that is incredible. Comparing 1000 yard backs to a 2600 yard back doesnt mean doodley squat. All im saying is your offense wont be near as potent as it was last year. May be Maybe not. Might be better, but one thing for sure is we do want to see you again, maybe Morse is the answer maybe not, but it will be a team effort not an individual.

I know those backs weren't as good as Austin. I mean, I just watched him get the shaft for the Ford Player of the Year that went to Patrick Mahomes instead. Over 2700 and 38 tds is sick but with the system in place now sick numbers might popping up more than normal. Crosby's head coach was the OC for the state title team that beat Dayton in '08. We all know Rollison's numbers were crazy but do you also know he had a back named Ryan Young who rushed for well over 2k yards also. Good season right? Well the two seasons before he rushed for over a combined 3700 yards. Was he talented, I'm sure he was but I don't even know if he even got out of east Texas? Both backs ran for about 6k career yards. Austin numbers got crazy, yes because of the talent, but it's also because of the great spacing and scheme that his linemen are taught to play with and because of the uncertainty in the playcalling. If Austin still played under Flannigan he would have 75 more carries and 600 less yards probably, still a d1 player but not being allowed to be as dynamic. There a bunch of teams that will struggle with what Crosby puts together on offense, teams that don't play well in space will just struggle more.

I know those backs weren't as good as Austin. I mean, I just watched him get the shaft for the Ford Player of the Year that went to Patrick Mahomes instead. Over 2700 and 38 tds is sick but with the system in place now sick numbers might popping up more than normal. Crosby's head coach was the OC for the state title team that beat Dayton in '08. We all know Rollison's numbers were crazy but do you also know he had a back named Ryan Young who rushed for well over 2k yards also. Good season right? Well the two seasons before he rushed for over a combined 3700 yards. Was he talented, I'm sure he was but I don't even know if he even got out of east Texas? Both backs ran for about 6k career yards. Austin numbers got crazy, yes because of the talent, but it's also because of the great spacing and scheme that his linemen are taught to play with and because of the uncertainty in the playcalling. If Austin still played under Flannigan he would have 75 more carries and 600 less yards probably, still a d1 player but not being allowed to be as dynamic. There a bunch of teams that will struggle with what Crosby puts together on offense, teams that don't play well in space will just struggle more.

U keep bringing up that yalls coach was the oc for the team that beat us at state but answer this did u go to that game. If u were there then u would know that special teams is what beat us. And u keep bringing up the past but u talk smack when a Dayton fan brings it up. Yall beat us in a rain storm both times and could still barely squeak passed us. U crack me up man. Just admit that Crosby will go nowhere this year because u know deep down that yall aee done for a few years. Keep ur head up though we Will let u come watch us throughout our playoff run.

U keep bringing up that yalls coach was the oc for the team that beat us at state but answer this did u go to that game. If u were there then u would know that special teams is what beat us. And u keep bringing up the past but u talk smack when a Dayton fan brings it up. Yall beat us in a rain storm both times and could still barely squeak passed us. U crack me up man. Just admit that Crosby will go nowhere this year because u know deep down that yall aee done for a few years. Keep ur head up though we Will let u come watch us throughout our playoff run.

It wasn't a shot at Dayton, I was stating the facr that Austin wasn't Riordan's first 2k yard rusher or 6k career rusher. No I didn't see the game, I'm sure your special teams lost like you said but Dayton also gave up nearly 800 total yards of offense in that game if I remember correctly. Riordan has faced Dayton three times and his teams have totaled about 1900 yards. It's the system he runs/was taught. We might not make any runs but this district is pretty weak so at least at the end of that three years our playoff streak will be at 12 consecutive appearances. I know deep down that if Crosby gets solid qb play that we should at least get to our usual second round. I also know deep down that Dayton can't run the ball(or stop it) and if Baughman can't throw it to McBride then there's a good chance he's going to throw it to the other team. I mean seriously, Dayton played three good games last year and was an Humble win over CE King away from being a spectator. Humble wins, they're in and Dayton is at home trying to fire Hancock. Instead, King won and Dayton got to finish .500 So that makes them district champs next year? You're the one that cracks me up man.

IMO Dayton would have won that game against SS, if a few players hadn't made some bad choices and got kicked off the team. We had A LOT of players playing both ways. SS wore them down. But we also know the would haves don't make a difference at the end of the game.. I was just saying... Someone can correct me if I am wrong about that... That was the 1st year I really started following the Broncos. So I could be completely wrong... 

It wasn't a shot at Dayton, I was stating the facr that Austin wasn't Riordan's first 2k yard rusher or 6k career rusher. No I didn't see the game, I'm sure your special teams lost like you said but Dayton also gave up nearly 800 total yards of offense in that game if I remember correctly. Riordan has faced Dayton three times and his teams have totaled about 1900 yards. It's the system he runs/was taught. We might not make any runs but this district is pretty weak so at least at the end of that three years our playoff streak will be at 12 consecutive appearances. I know deep down that if Crosby gets solid qb play that we should at least get to our usual second round. I also know deep down that Dayton can't run the ball(or stop it) and if Baughman can't throw it to McBride then there's a good chance he's going to throw it to the other team. I mean seriously, Dayton played three good games last year and was an Humble win over CE King away from being a spectator. Humble wins, they're in and Dayton is at home trying to fire Hancock. Instead, King won and Dayton got to finish .500 So that makes them district champs next year? You're the one that cracks me up man.

Ur right we got into the playoffs by someone else winning. We also had a qb who had never been a qb before who came a long way since he started. U keep thinking mc. Bride is the only weapon and yall try to shut him down because when that happens be prepared for keener and company to show you wrong.

Ur right we got into the playoffs by someone else winning. We also had a qb who had never been a qb before who came a long way since he started. U keep thinking mc. Bride is the only weapon and yall try to shut him down because when that happens be prepared for keener and company to show you wrong.

I agree with you that he improved, Dayton wouldn't have made the playoffs if he didn't. Still though, in two of the last three games he threw a combined six picks(SC, LCM). Good game against Brenham I guess even though McBride caught 8 Of the 13 completed passes and had 251 of the 334 yards Tristan passed for. Tristan's Legs scare me, not his 45% completion rate or the 13-14 td-int ratio He finished with. Trahan is a beast but him and those other kids you speak of lost 6 games last year with improved qb play during the season. As usual, if we both beat KP then Dayton and Crosby should play for the district championship at some point next year. I guess we have to wait until then to see who's right?

IMO Dayton would have won that game against SS, if a few players hadn't made some bad choices and got kicked off the team. We had A LOT of players playing both ways. SS wore them down. But we also know the would haves don't make a difference at the end of the game.. I was just saying... Someone can correct me if I am wrong about that... That was the 1st year I really started following the Broncos. So I could be completely wrong...

They made it to state so those players that made bad choices turns out to be good for the team!! To the game SS jumped out to a I wanna say a 21-7 lead but the Bronx kept fighting back but to make a long story short those on side kicks is what did it!!

ok i did some digging, PNG vs Crosby  have bumped heads in past history 10 times. PNG has been the winner 7 out of the 10 meetings.

2000      PNG    7 -  0

2001      PNG   42 -  7

2003      PNG   20 - 14

2006      PNG   21 - 14

2007   Crosby    7 -  0

2008      PNG   28 - 27

2009      PNG   37 -  7

2010      PNG   38 -  7

2011   Crosby  30 - 29

2013   Crosby  49 - 28

With that being said, and a 70% in the w column, and without the twins, i would say i really like our chances against Crosby. but for this to happen the stars must align to see another great matchup. Of course with your coaches system in place you might be right and we might be in trouble.But  seeing how you compare us to Barbers Hill if History is correct in this matchup yall must be the equivelent of Splendora!!!!!

ok i did some digging, PNG vs Crosby  have bumped heads in past history 10 times. PNG has been the winner 7 out of the 10 meetings.
2000      PNG    7 -  0
2001      PNG   42 -  7
2003      PNG   20 - 14
2006      PNG   21 - 14
2007   Crosby    7 -  0
2008      PNG   28 - 27
2009      PNG   37 -  7
2010      PNG   38 -  7
2011   Crosby  30 - 29
2013   Crosby  49 - 28

With that being said, and a 70% in the w column, and without the twins, i would say i really like our chances against Crosby. but for this to happen the stars must align to see another great matchup. Of course with your coaches system in place you might be right and we might be in trouble.But  seeing how you compare us to Barbers Hill if History is correct in this matchup yall must be the equivelent of Splendora!!!!!

You're right, Barbers Hill is actually a little better. They've won a state title one year more recently and have a better winning percentage. On a serious note though, PNG much like Dayton had a coaching advantage over Crosby. Dickey was pretty sub-par, Flannigan was good but could never get us to the next level which is why he was forced out after leading us to 7 consecutive playoff appearances. Only time will tell but i think we might have the guy with Riordan, the talent is a given most years. How long we can keep him, probably not long if he keeps averaging 9 wins per year.

Crosby never plays the better atheletes on both sides of the ball. If they would do that in certain situations they would be a lot better off. After watching PNG play 3 times last year I thought their coach called timeouts in horrible situations. Indians have a lot of talent coming up so only time will tell. That freshman offensive line is going to be very very good. How do you Indian fans feel about the coach?

i know Crosby has a PNG player moved there. He was the one who had the pick 6 in the playoff game... As for our Coach, he is great as for as offense but defense is a different story. To me he has tunnel vision when he gets in tight spots. Leaves alot of points on the field. Theres a point in time where you must kick the field goal and take three points vs going for it on 4th down in the red zone and getting shut down. He is our coach and im not gonna knock him they pay him to make the decisions not me. It cost us last year against Nederland, and also in San Antonio when we played there a few years back. He is very aggressive, nothing wrong with that. 

He has the support from the community and has his haters im sure. The only weakness is the Defense, it just isnt what it used to be.He is gradually starting to play underclassmen and it helps alot , but sometimes your best players need to go both ways to which we are just now starting to see that. Me myself im happy with him, We have had our ups and downs gone to the playoffs just havent made any real noise. As for the time outs it is what it is that is why they call him Coach.I just sit in the peanut gallery raising hell lol.

You're right, Barbers Hill is actually a little better. They've won a state title one year more recently and have a better winning percentage. On a serious note though, PNG much like Dayton had a coaching advantage over Crosby. Dickey was pretty sub-par, Flannigan was good but could never get us to the next level which is why he was forced out after leading us to 7 consecutive playoff appearances. Only time will tell but i think we might have the guy with Riordan, the talent is a given most years. How long we can keep him, probably not long if he keeps averaging 9 wins per year.

on a serious note:Barbers Hill won a state Title in 76 , png won in 75. Since then we have been in three more appearances in the State Finals. Their win percentage isnt better than ours, they have never beaten us. So what is your point.

Actually if you get down to it Barbers Hill is better than yall, at least they do have a state title under their belt, which is more than Crosby  can say. With your mind boggling 30% win percentage against PNG i can see why you are ignorant in your quest for attention. When you go win 3 state title championships then let me know. im gonna drop it and let you argue with the other Purple and white team on your side of the river. Only way you can beat them is if it rains and Dayton has a bad night which isnt that often :D

Crosby never plays the better atheletes on both sides of the ball. If they would do that in certain situations they would be a lot better off. After watching PNG play 3 times last year I thought their coach called timeouts in horrible situations. Indians have a lot of talent coming up so only time will tell. That freshman offensive line is going to be very very good. How do you Indian fans feel about the coach

starting to see players going both ways, not many but it is gradually happening. Both the QBs we have now can go both ways. Walker as a Defensive back, Morris as a Linebacker. Last year had Rose at wideout and cornerback.  Taking babysteps, have to walk before you can run.