San Augustine Wolves Football Schedule 2014

mmccary

Right, I agree with you. Didn't you read the post? There is no difference between 1A and 3A. Teams that drop a classification never win a state championship when they could not the previous year in the higher classification. All teams that move up a classification do just as well as the did in the lower classification.

See now you are just being a jack wagon. How dare someone disagree with the almighty all knowing 89falcon.

I guess I can see what you SA guys are thinking. A pretty good 1A team should be able to beat a pretty poor 3A team right? Well it doesnt necessarily work that way. Do y'all watch much 3A ball? If SA played in Splendora's league you guys would have a similar record, and if Splendora played in 1A they would be a playoff team too. The level of play is just no where near the same

For one game a 1A school can compete with a mediocre 3A school. ..any classification can compete with each other for 1 game. .

Its only 1 game. ..

Not SA vs. Splendora. I will be proven correct when the season starts. I'll tell you like I tell the HD folks, don't disappear when it comes to pass.  

Not SA vs. Splendora. I will be proven correct when the season starts. I'll tell you like I tell the HD folks, don't disappear when it comes to pass.

I'm pretty sure you would be saying the same stuff if S.A was playing Newton...lol
I'm sure newton would beat Splendora

I believe that 3A, now 4A, Huntington gets beat like a drum by 1A-2A schools every year!  SA out athletes many, many schools in the larger classifications (this years 2A and 3A or next years 3A/4A) every year.  There will be SEVERAL 4A D2 teams that 2A D1 San Augustine can play with or even beat, not saying Splendora is one of them just saying that there are some small schools that can compete with and beat the larger schools.  More numbers does not always win games, ask the Huntington coaches over the last several decades.  Sorry Huntington, very nice town!

I believe that 3A, now 4A, Huntington gets beat like a drum by 1A-2A schools every year!  SA out athletes many, many schools in the larger classifications (this years 2A and 3A or next years 3A/4A) every year.  There will be SEVERAL 4A D2 teams that 2A D1 San Augustine can play with or even beat, not saying Splendora is one of them just saying that there are some small schools that can compete with and beat the larger schools.  More numbers does not always win games, ask the Huntington coaches over the last several decades.  Sorry Huntington, very nice town!

When did Huntington have more numbers than teams they have played? They did had to scrap the freshman team the last two years. They are playing some smaller schools next year and you will be suprised at what happens. Huntington has a strong Jr class and a small but talented Sr class. Put me on the record now that Huntington will finish with their first non-losing record (5-5 or 6-4) in school history next year.

It's sad when some have to put down other schools to make there school look better. Huntington has two teams var/jv, but not because of lack of kids but because lack of coaches. I believe they had 6 high school coaches this past year and bout 80 kids. Huntington has not played a 1a or 2a for years, I believe so again wrong there. Wish SA kids the best of luck. Keep a eye on Huntington, might surprise a few folks.

They do lose a kid here and there to lufkin that hurts. One fun fact is they house a pride school, which is where kids from all over can come and earn there degree, if they quit or got behind at other school. The problem is this alternative school counts towards there enrollment. Bout 100 kids

When did Huntington have more numbers than teams they have played? They did had to scrap the freshman team the last two years. They are playing some smaller schools next year and you will be suprised at what happens. Huntington has a strong Jr class and a small but talented Sr class. Put me on the record now that Huntington will finish with their first non-losing record (5-5 or 6-4) in school history next year.

Enrollment numbers is what I was reffering to.  Really, I didnt mean any disrespect to Huntington, just using them as an example which I probably should not have done.  Huntington has struggled as bad as anybody in football for some time and I do hope that you are correct in your statement regarding them having a successful season.  I know that they have had a stellar softball program for many years and they are traditionally good in baseball.  Believe it or not, I do pull for Huntington every year.  I appologize to any Huntington folks that may read this, my original post was a lapse in judgement. 

They do lose a kid here and there to lufkin that hurts. One fun fact is they house a pride school, which is where kids from all over can come and earn there degree, if they quit or got behind at other school. The problem is this alternative school counts towards there enrollment. Bout 100 kids

They will not need help with the Jr class provided they all stay in the program. They have a combination of lineman and skill players.