Ec - kountze

Well I normally don't get on umpires, but that umpire cost Franklin and Beckett a lot of pitches...I felt bad for both those young men! Umpire was concistant...strike zone was all over the place for both pitchers. Neither team had an advantage. Walks and throwing errors and fielding errors put runners on several times for both side and both sides left multiple runners stranded...but as they say, "you play with fire long enough you get burned"...Kountzes coach Franklin had Marshall lay down and excellent bunt. A bunt that would hug the third base line down for a base hit that moved runners to second and third (who were on due to an error and a walk) with one out. Then Coplen hits to the right side to score the go ahead run with force out at second. Kountze ends up scoring one more insurance run to make it 3-1. EC did try to mount a 7th inning come back but came up short ending the game with the go ahead run striking out to end the game.

The strike zone was all over the place. Pitchers and hitters struggled because of it. I thought both pitchers did a great job. Kountze's fielding still needs work, but looked better. If batting doesn't improve, they are going to struggle all season. I think they had two hits. Those numbers won't take them to the playoffs. Top priority for coach Franklin has got to be hitting the ball.