how well will newton and west orange -stark match up this year

I was at the meet. Trust me Newton did not beat WOS in the 4x1. There were a lot of times printed wrong at the LCM meet

Well, there is no debate that Newton is at the state meet with a faster time than any 3A team other than Lubbock Estacado. WOS is nowhere to be found in the 4X100.

Come on dude give the eagles there due they won the race out anchor Elam brought home the hardware because the sprint relay plaque is sitting in the coaches office in newton

Ok Newton won the race but they are still 0-6 against WO-S and have been outscored 147-15 in those 6 football games.

Ok Newton won the race but they are still 0-6 against WO-S and have been outscored 147-15 in those 6 football games.

Awesome WOS, you can beat a 2A team.

I was just defending the newton boys the WOS fans got on here talking about newton doesn't have a chance and may not score all that crap. Newton is a dang good football team and will give the stangs a hell of a run and could very well win it's not a stretch to say Newton could beat the all mighty mustangs. If WOS was unbeatable they would win it all every year so they are beatable and Newton wins 22 to 19

Newton has a lot coming back as well as a very talented JV group moving up they will be fine. WOS has never will never blow Newton out especially in Newton I'm not saying the eagles will win but WOS will know the Eagles where there when they leave

I know this was a long time ago but WO-S beat Newton 47-9 in 1989. To me that counts as a blow out in my book. Wait a minute it doesn't count WO-S was 4A  and Newton was 3A..

I was just defending the newton boys the WOS fans got on here talking about newton doesn't have a chance and may not score all that crap. Newton is a dang good football team and will give the stangs a hell of a run and could very well win it's not a stretch to say Newton could beat the all mighty mustangs. If WOS was unbeatable they would win it all every year so they are beatable and Newton wins 22 to 19

I dont think WOS fans or players feel that this game will be a blow out, Newton is a well coached team with lots of exciting players, BUT I dont think it will be as close as you Newton fans would like to see it, but this is JMO so it should be interesting when they meet!

So if say Orangefield beat the #1 2A team in the state it wouldn't be a big deal? Lol

It would be a very big deal for Orangefield. Orangefield is a historically horrible program that is normally below .500. Wins against mediocre 2A teams are significant for them. WOS believes themselves to be potential contenders on a year in, year out basis. WOS is likely the top 3A (now 4A) program in SETX. They are expected to beat 2A teams.

WOS can beat 4A teams also!LOl

Agreed, they are one of the best (likely the best) 3A programs in SETX. They usually beat most of the local 3A and local bottom feeder 4As. Being the best 3A team in SETX they are expected to beat all 2A teams. 

I don't look at this game as some kind of rivalry and don't want it to become one. I hate to hear fans talking a bunch of smack. I do look at this as a tool to measure how good a team Newton has. WOS should be able to beat Newton and if they beat Newton by 21, that's nothing to be ashamed of. If WOS is a contender for a state Championship and I believe they will be, then they should beat Newton by a considerable margin. If Newton is a top 5 team in the state, and I believe they may well be. Then they should put up a good showing. It will be a great test for Newton because WOS should throw the ball around a bit. Newton struggled in the playoffs last year against and excellent passing team. This should help prepare them for a playoff run. Because most likely they will run up against a good passing team if they are to make a run at state. So I just look at it as a test and and opportunity to get some experience and get better. I believe Newton will give WOS a taste of what it's like to go up against a good running team.
I'm hoping Newton plays mistake free football and keeps it close. Hope they prepare for a good passing, and very athletic team because they're going to get one.

Saying that WOS will beat newton by 3 TD's imo is not talking trash as some of you might think, now if i stated that WOS would be putting in their 2nd and 3rd string at halftime would be trash talking. What i have stated, i believe to be the truth as i see it, im not saying that Newton is a as Falcon says a "bottom feeder" in 2A now 3A. Newton will continue to be a top contender in their classification and maintain the respect of having a great program. I look forward to this matchup! BOTTOM FEEDERS(PNG,LCM, and CENTRAL) really!!!!

Agreed, they are one of the best (likely the best) 3A programs in SETX. They usually beat most of the local 3A and local bottom feeder 4As. Being the best 3A team in SETX they are expected to beat all 2A teams. 

Bottom Feeders really( PNG, Central and LCM)

Saying that WOS will beat newton by 3 TD's imo is not talking trash as some of you might think, now if i stated that WOS would be putting in their 2nd and 3rd string at halftime would be trash talking. What i have stated, i believe to be the truth as i see it, im not saying that Newton is a as Falcon says a "bottom feeder" in 2A now 3A. Newton will continue to be a top contender in their classification and maintain the respect of having a great program. I look forward to this matchup! BOTTOM FEEDERS(PNG,LCM, and CENTRAL) really!!!!

Can you read? Where did I say Newton was a bottom feeder?

this will be a good game for us win/lose or get took to the woodshed does not matter,predistrict games like this is what we have been missing the past few years, both teams will bring it, two well know programs going head to head, yes if we (newton) win this game we will forsure have a awsome year, if WOS wins this game they will have not much more but bragging rights across the state only because of the big school vs small school thing,.........my prediction as of now WOS gets the W and im a big newton eagle fan to the core also just being real, but like i said we will gain a bunch from this game and be in our favor come playoff time