HJ 109 HF 52 Final/Friday (note, this is an old thread)

Two (HJ and Silsbee) wrongs (if you believe it's wrong to win by a lot) don't make a right  ;D

Is what your saying because HJ did it, Silsbee can?  

Or is it everyone is being mean to Silsbee?  8)

I personally, could care less how much a team wins by, as long as they don't press when they are winning by 20..

When I played and we were winning by a lot, we had to make a certain amount of passes before we could score, no fast breaks either.

I am talking about glass houses here. Nothing about if HJ can win big, so should Silsbee or if anyone is being "mean" to Silsbee.

The fact is, I was at the game and I know for a fact the score was not intentionaly run up on BC, it just fell that way. Same as this game from two years ago. It's funny that people who did not attend games know the story of it based simply off the score. ::)

dude, you won by 64.  what story is the score not telling us?  now don't talk (at least to me) about glass houses.  find me a thread where i defended HJ for beating the crap out of somebody by about 30 points more than necessary.  i personally disagree with beating a team that bad, whether it be Silsbee, or HJ, or anyone else in the area who does it. 

Two (HJ and Silsbee) wrongs (if you believe it's wrong to win by a lot) don't make a right  ;D

I personally, could care less how much a team wins by, as long as they don't press when they are winning by 20..

When I played and we were winning by a lot, we had to make a certain amount of passes before we could score, no fast breaks either.

I am talking about glass houses here. Nothing about if HJ can win big, so should Silsbee or if anyone is being "mean" to Silsbee.

The fact is, I was at the game and I know for a fact the score was not intentionaly run up on BC, it just fell that way. Same as this game from two years ago. It's funny that people who did not attend games know the story of it based simply off the score. ::)

dude, you won by 64.  what story is the score not telling us?  now don't talk (at least to me) about glass houses.  find me a thread where i defended HJ for beating the crap out of somebody by about 30 points more than necessary.   i personally disagree with beating a team that bad, whether it be Silsbee, or HJ, or anyone else in the area who does it. 

But my point was you and no one else was criticle or even questioned HJ in that regard.

dude, you won by 64.  what story is the score not telling us?  now don't talk (at least to me) about glass houses.  find me a thread where i defended HJ for beating the crap out of somebody by about 30 points more than necessary.   i personally disagree with beating a team that bad, whether it be Silsbee, or HJ, or anyone else in the area who does it. 

But my point was you and no one else was criticle or even questioned HJ in that regard.

the fact that you had to go back two seasons to find an HJ game comparable to this past Silsbee game might explain that one for you.  i wasn't really active on here two years ago (with the exception of following some playoff games).  HJ hasn't had a single game this season nearly as bad as the Silsbee/BC game, so why should people be criticizing them for running up the score?  they haven't broken 100, and their largest margin of victory was 45 (against Milburn).  That's nothing compared to Silsbee beating BC 106-42, Dayton 74-18, or Hardin 106-31!  So speaking of glass houses, make sure you aren't the only one in the neighborhood who lives in one before you start throwing stones.

the fact that you had to go back two seasons to find an HJ game comparable to this past Silsbee game might explain that one for you.  i wasn't really active on here two years ago (with the exception of following some playoff games).  HJ hasn't had a single game this season nearly as bad as the Silsbee/BC game, so why should people be criticizing them for running up the score?  they haven't broken 100, and their largest margin of victory was 45 (against Milburn).  That's nothing compared to Silsbee beating BC 106-42, Dayton 74-18, or Hardin 106-31!  So speaking of glass houses, make sure you aren't the only one in the neighborhood who lives in one before you start throwing stones.

I haven't been criticle of HJ running up scores, ever. I only pointed it out to compare the lack of criticism.

I do not believe in blatant running up the scores, but that was not the case last Tuesday night.

This is the hidden content, please

Winner in 100-0 girls game wants forfeit

Associated Press

Jan. 22, 2009, 1:39PMShare  Print Email Del.icio.usDiggTechnoratiYahoo! Buzz• Houston area had blowout, too. See box here

DALLAS — A Texas high school girls basketball team on the winning end of a 100-0 blowout has apologized to the losing school, calling the game “shameful and an embarrassment.â€

Officials from Covenant School, a private Christian school in Dallas, said Thursday they are seeking to forfeit the win because “victory without honor is a great loss.â€

Covenant defeated Dallas Academy 100-0 on Jan. 13. Covenant led 59-0 at halftime.

The Dallas Academy has eight girls on its varsity team and just 20 girls in the school. The academy specializes in teaching students with what it calls “learning differences,†such as short attention spans or difficulty in concentrating.

[/quoteReminds me of an old Temptation song

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Wildcats92
    Newest Member
    Wildcats92