Huffman vs Crosby

Credibility stock has crashed So you weren't even in attendance & trying to sell us Cougar stock off somebody else's opinion in a scimmage(glorified practice w/limitations). ;) :rolleyes:

We'll see how idiotic that King pick looks midway through the season. You pick Dayton to win district, yet they're bringing back the same kids that lost 6 games last year and were sitting at home waiting on an Humble and King score to see if their streak would be alive, not to mention you lost kids off a D that was suspect at best. We'll see who's right later. Maybe I need to come to one of those preview shows in November and give some credible commentary on 21-5a instead of that sale-barn slant you're putting on things.

We'll see how idiotic that King pick looks midway through the season. You pick Dayton to win district, yet they're bringing back the same kids that lost 6 games last year and were sitting at home waiting on an Humble and King score to see if their streak would be alive, not to mention you lost kids off a D that was suspect at best. We'll see who's right later. Maybe I need to come to one of those preview shows in November and give some credible commentary on 21-5a instead of that sale-barn slant you're putting on things.

Opens mouth=inserts foot***You mean the Dayt team last yr that whupped Crosby arse Qtr #1 10-7  Qtr#2 27-17  Qtr #3  27-20 then your Coogs pulled away to win by 6=33-27

Sitting at home actually they were in humble putting some fear into summer creek until a few lucky summer creek touchdowns happened. But remember that is the past and this year dayton will finish number 1. But don't worry. The cougars will finish in 2nd or maybe 3rd. Top 4 for sure just not number 1.

Crosby was 2-1, as in they scored 2 times in the 10 play sections to Huffman 1.

In the live quarter Huffman scored the only touchdown. Crosby was shut out even after getting a gift (turnover) on a miss handled punt return. Huffman gave up some big plays, enjoy the highlights. When it came down to it though the defense held.

There is plenty of work on all sides but to say Crosby had zero trouble is a gross overstatement. There were plenty of early whistles to keep the Crosby QB from taking a hit in the backfield.

All that said this was a scrimmage, where teams work on things. You play base D for the most part and don’t really show too much on offense.

Final note though of the Huffman highlight you mentioned…

Was it the big gain to Harrell who out jumped the DB you said shut him down? Was it the deep strike over the middle for a TD the live quarter?

In the live quarter Huffman scored the only touchdown. Crosby was shut out even after getting a gift (turnover) on a miss handled punt return. Huffman gave up some big plays, enjoy the highlights. When it came down to it though the defense held.

There is plenty of work on all sides but to say Crosby had zero trouble is a gross overstatement. There were plenty of early whistles to keep the Crosby QB from taking a hit in the backfield.

All that said this was a scrimmage, where teams work on things. You play base D for the most part and don’t really show too much on offense.

Was it the big gain to Harrell who out jumped the DB you said shut him down? Was it the deep strike over the middle for a TD the live quarter?

This is the info I received from 2 different sources who attended the scrimmage.

Per Cougar 14=Best O-Line in 5a in the region=Liltex could get a 100 behind that line.Grabs front row seat,popcorn,oxygen bottle for laughter Rof

Opens mouth=inserts foot***You mean the Dayt team last yr that whupped Crosby arse Qtr #1 10-7  Qtr#2 27-17  Qtr #3  27-20 then your Coogs pulled away to win by 6=33-27

If you want me to put my foot in your mouth that's fine. I think what you meant to say was, "even with a  4th quarter lead our coach couldn't stop the two plays Crosby ran in the second half to the tune of over 500 rushing yards while we(Dayton) were shut out and had only one or two first down in the whole second half." I don't think if you're in the process of giving up 615 total yards you're "whuppin'" anybody's arse. And that's without our receiver who averaged 4 catches for 96 yards and 2tds PER GAME.

We(Dayton) also lost to KP 17-24 while y'all put 58 on them. We were getting better though so the next week when we scored 10 points and lost to Humble is was really an illusion that y'all beat them 49-9 with your starters playing a half. Even though Crosby beat King 56-14 last year and 24-0 the year before, King will be better than y'all because we only beat them 26-23 on a last minute fg while getting outgained 527 to 326. Even though we were tied at 27 with SC after 3 qtrs, we had them on the ropes by giving up 14 unanswered in the 4th. Never mind the 49-56 score with less than 4 mins left in the game y'all had, the most given up by SC during the last alignment.   

I really think that's what you meant to say. Open wide so I don't touch any teeth while I'm inserting my foot. I know dental work in Dayton is hard to come by.