So There is a Chance

Sorry GMCPats could not stay out of this.  We Aggie fans have taken months and months of Texas fans telling us our program was going back into dull drums due to JFF as he was really the only player they had and the only thing that Texas A&M had going for it.  And now that we won a big big game to start the 2014 season you claim we are the ones running our mouths - I have to admit I find that kind of ironic.

Sorry GMCPats could not stay out of this. We Aggie fans have taken months and months of Texas fans telling us our program was going back into dull drums due to JFF as he was really the only player they had and the only thing that Texas A&M had going for it. And now that we won a big big game to start the 2014 season you claim we are the ones running our mouths - I have to admit I find that kind of ironic.

You aren't indicative of all Aggies. And you are right - you have every reason to be hopeful and excited. If anything, Thursday's game seem to suggest that Sumlin may have had as much or more to do with Manziel's success as Johnny did. And that is a very exciting thing for Aggie fans.

At the same time, you also seem to be cautious and realistic about proclaiming the Aggies kings of the universe. GCMPats refers to ones who proclaim "we run this state." It is just one regular season win, albeit a big one. How the season plays itself out remains to be seen. I completely understand the Aggie excitement, given what they have been forced to endure for many years.

But one thing you can bet on, the ship will get righted in Austin as well. You just can't keep a power like that down for long. Whether Coach Strong accomplishes it or not remains to be seen. But someone will eventually. There is too much $ and power invested there to believe otherwise. For Patterson's sake, he has to hope it is Charlie. All his eggs are in that basket.

Do you think he remembers 77-0?

In 2012, the 107th meeting of the University of Texas at Austin and University of Oklahoma, Texas was defeated by a score of 63 - 21. It appeared that the game would have a very different feel than the 2011 meeting after OU scored its first touchdown and Quandre Diggs of Texas recovered a blocked PAT and ran the distance of the field to score a 2-point conversion. This game had moments that will add to the history of this rivalry. Damien Williams broke free for a 95-yard touchdown run for the longest rush in Red River Rivalry history. Trey Millard had a 73-yard reception, the longest pass play by an OU player in Red River Rivalry history, surpassing Buddy Leake's 65-yarder in 1953. Oklahoma ended up with a 677-289 advantage in total yardage.
I luv me some Wikipedia.

In 2012, the 107th meeting of the University of Texas at Austin and University of Oklahoma, Texas was defeated by a score of 63 - 21. It appeared that the game would have a very different feel than the 2011 meeting after OU scored its first touchdown and Quandre Diggs of Texas recovered a blocked PAT and ran the distance of the field to score a 2-point conversion. This game had moments that will add to the history of this rivalry. Damien Williams broke free for a 95-yard touchdown run for the longest rush in Red River Rivalry history. Trey Millard had a 73-yard reception, the longest pass play by an OU player in Red River Rivalry history, surpassing Buddy Leake's 65-yarder in 1953. Oklahoma ended up with a 677-289 advantage in total yardage.
I luv me some Wikipedia.

and just another reason that we have Coach Strong.