Nederland 20 Crosby 25 Final

WOSgrad

I didn't say I was cool with it but it's the first game . YOU were the one predicting the blowout, the game would be over in the first qtr, etc. The Crosby "d1 factory" Cougars needed a onside kick call to only beat the lowly Bulldogs by 5.

Well, this was a non-district game so it really didn't count. We weren't trying to win, just see where we needed to make adjustments. We only care about district games and playoffs. It's not how you start but how you finish. We'll lose in the second round because this was our super bowl and we won. Like I sad though, congrats on feeling good about only losing by 5 to a team that played sub-par.

Bro the ball was clearly touched before it went 10 yards, logon to hudl and take a look. Ray Charles could've called that. Refs through a lot of flags on both sides. Both sides have a lot clean up, I don't know if your QB can withstand a full season of running left, running right, and running up the middle. Hope he's ok and it was just cramps, kid can play.

Going to have to tighten up the passing game but averaging over 10 ypc on what's usually a solid defense is encouraging. Defense also held Ned to under 285 total yards which is a good start.

http://www.chron.com/sports/highschool/scoreboard/?site=default&mkt=houston&Season=2014&tpl=Boxscore&Sport=1&ID=213560&TeamID=138&SearchType=Teams

The 3rd quarter is the best I've seen the defense play in 3 years. The defensive line really played well overall and it looked like they brought the linebackers more after Seay went out. You guys know what kind of team you have but it might be better served with Seay at receiver and full time on the defensive side after watching. Hopefully he holds up for the year if stays there because he's gonna get hit a lot. Good luck the rest of the way!

I don't understand the scheduling of these games. These districts play each other first round of the playoffs. I would think you you would try to schedule teams elsewhere? Maybe it's hard to get teams, I don't know. Just odd, for instance Ned scheduling Crosby and Dayton, which could possibly them 1st round. Maybe there's more to it.

Good game Coogs(4-1 against Ned Pups). The defense played tremendous(we hold teams to 14 all year and we'll be tough to beat) the refs seemed to see a few holding calls but also missed a few(one being critical in the red zone). As far as the onside kick that has Ned pups whining all I can say in my Mike Ditka voice is "come on MAN". If you touch the pigskin before it reaches TEN not Eight yards it's ILLEGAL TOUCHING period. No gray area like pass interference or holding. Anyhow, I'm done with Nederland for now it's time for another worthy opponent Angleton.

Good win, Crosby. Clean and well fought game on both sides. I thought the difference in the game was the first five minutes of the 2nd half. Crosby came out unreal on defense to force a 3 and out. Then they had a 50 yard TD run. Another dominant 3 and out and the momentum shifted to the Cougs. As for the onside kick, it was really close. The confusing part is no flag was thrown and the ref that made the call was on the OPPOSITE side of the field. Good or bad call, the refs robbed both sets of fans of a much more exciting finish with that call. Kudos to Ned backup QB Smith who played most of the 2nd half and was on target even though we dropped about 5 balls. Congrats to Crosby on the win. They deserved it.

I noticed he didn't throw the flag either, but that was the same official that when Crosby lined up for the field goal the Ref had to point him under the goal post where he was supposed to be. I thought Crosby should've ran the ball a little more. When you're ripping off 5-8 yards a pop, why throw it until the other team stops it? Guess that's why I sit in the stands and watch though.

I agree, Cal. Especially late in the game. Crosby can definitely throw the ball, but I felt like a few of those incompletions prolonged the game and turned a "done deal" into a fairly exciting finish. Would have been really interesting if Ned gets that onside kick in plus territory with 1:15 left. I think both of these teams will be tough outs all year, but both have plenty to work on as well.

I noticed he didn't throw the flag either, but that was the same official that when Crosby lined up for the field goal the Ref had to point him under the goal post where he was supposed to be. I thought Crosby should've ran the ball a little more. When you're ripping off 5-8 yards a pop, why throw it until the other team stops it? Guess that's why I sit in the stands and watch though.

I don't understand the scheduling of these games. These districts play each other first round of the playoffs. I would think you you would try to schedule teams elsewhere? Maybe it's hard to get teams, I don't know. Just odd, for instance Ned scheduling Crosby and Dayton, which could possibly them 1st round. Maybe there's more to it.

ive said this several times.

I think they have no problem playing each other bc Ned is usually aligned in D1 and Crosby D2 when playoff time starts. May be different with the new alignments, but it is unlikely these two teams meet in the playoffs.

If Central and Goose Creek Memorial make the playoffs, Nederland will go DII, assuming they make the playoffs.

I actually think Crosby and Nederland will play each other in 1st round this year.