Port Neches-Groves 27 West Orange-Stark 33/Final/OT

WOSgrad

I agree with one thing..it was the worst officiated game since last  year at the reservation. Bad calls all the way around on both sides. WOS sucked it up and won with a kid who hadn't played qb EVER in a varsity game and probably not since freshman year maybe longer. When is the last time the Mustangs won a game with the ground game. Great game by two great teams. PNG is very good, we kinda slowed them down with our pass rush in the second half and they had to keep the back into block. Great QB PNG has, they should win that district in my mind this year. You just don't come from 2 TD's behind and beat a team like PNG, proud of the heart we showed tonight.

Never underestimate the heart of a champion. Good luck Indians the rest of the way.

I know another team that will have something to say about that district title...

Great LONG game! Both teams played their hearts out! Congrats WOS. Their my have been a lot of penalties, but I don't think their was one unsportsmanlike. They just got out there and played some ball.

I would just like to say, as a band mom, that your little band broke my heart. They deserved a standing ovation for getting out there with what little they had. Why isn't more put into the band?

Great game to both team tonight. The both played thier hearts out.  Officiating was bad no doubt, especially when it came to spotting the ball at times. The Mustangs showed a ton of heart tonight clawing thier way back into it.  PNG, your offense and passing game was very impressive. You shredded WO-S' defense in the first half.  I can see yall making some serious noise come playoff time.  This is a game both teams can take valuable lessons from that should help them down the road. Good luck the rest of the way PNG.

Lol I got something you can choke on buddy. Yall praising your coach please praise the refs, they were brutal. Wos defense came out and played outstanding defense in second half. We torched them for 300 yards in first half only to get maybe 14 yards in second half. Like I said ain't gonna badmouth WOS, the Defense was there in second half. My opinion on your 4th string qb should be starter looked more sthletic than the sophomore. Our defense couldn't stop the run to save our life, spent whole 4th quarter on the field. They gave it their all just wasn't enough. Hats off to the stangs they came to play in second half, very impressive. Congrats and good luck on the rest of the season.

They are praising their coach because of what you say afterwards in your post. 27 pts at half, goose egg in 2h and OT. 300 yards at half, squadoosh in the 2h. A big part of coaching is making adjustments. And again, does anyone doubt who did the best job of that tonight?

This one hurt.  I will say this....WOS is a very good team.  Hats off to the team and their coaches for an outstanding game played.  My top 10 thoughts on the game are this:

1. PNG's offensive line is not very good.  WOS D-line is good, but PNG had problems run blocking and protecting the QB in both games.

2. WOS's defensive backs are unbelievable

3. The replacement qb that came in for WOS should not be taken out again this year

4. I've seen a lot of football in my life, never have a seen a game more mismanaged by an officiating crew than this.  Didnt see anyone mention where PNG has 3rd and a coupe for the first, WOS jumps offsides, PNG qb throws deep as they always do on an offsides, PNG receiver gets mugged, and a flag comes out by the receiver indicative of the PI....nevermind, ref accidentally threw flag, as flag was waived off???? and no offsides was called when WOS was a yard in the backfield at the snap, which brought up 4th down on a critical drive.  I could go on and on with unfavorable calls against PNG, but its not worth it, and WOS deserves more credit than that. 

5. PNG offensive line is very undisciplined....again.

6. Morse, Giblin, and Sparks are the real deal....Halfin could be with an O-line.

7. WOS's #6 is a great player, but is a head hunter....I like that type of swag when they play on my teams.....however, he communicates too much...and I wouldnt have him at WR.

8. WOS has some slippery players on offense, but PNG defenders do not tackle well.....again.

9. Both of these teams will go on to have good years and will be better for this game.

10. WOS announcer shouldnt cheer on the home team over the speakers (distasteful) and well below the stature of a team like WOS.  Also, the pa system is terrible.

Congrats WOS on a fine win against my Indians. Now when was the last time a visiting team had 24 penalties against them. There were alot of mistakes made on both sides of the ball tonight by the officiating.WOw Just WOW thats all i can say. Great game WOS

When we visit your house every year! Get over it! Officiating always sucks in a big game so just play and either celebrate your win or take your loss like a man! We do no matter who we lose to!!!its funny because when we lose we say it's our fault for even letting it be close enough for refs to screw up!

This one hurt. I will say this....WOS is a very good team. Hats off to the team and their coaches for an outstanding game played. My top 10 thoughts on the game are this:

1. PNG's offensive line is not very good. WOS D-line is good, but PNG had problems run blocking and protecting the QB in both games.

3. The replacement qb that came in for WOS should not be taken out again this year

4. I've seen a lot of football in my life, never have a seen a game more mismanaged by an officiating crew than this. Didnt see anyone mention where PNG has 3rd and a coupe for the first, WOS jumps offsides, PNG qb throws deep as they always do on an offsides, PNG receiver gets mugged, and a flag comes out by the receiver indicative of the PI....nevermind, ref accidentally threw flag, as flag was waived off???? and no offsides was called when WOS was a yard in the backfield at the snap, which brought up 4th down on a critical drive. I could go on and on with unfavorable calls against PNG, but its not worth it, and WOS deserves more credit than that.

6. Morse, Giblin, and Sparks are the real deal....Halfin could be with an O-line.

7. WOS's #6 is a great player, but is a head hunter....I like that type of swag when they play on my teams.....however, he communicates too much...and I wouldnt have him at WR.

8. WOS has some slippery players on offense, but PNG defenders do not tackle well.....again.

9. Both of these teams will go on to have good years and will be better for this game.

10. WOS announcer shouldnt cheer on the home team over the speakers (distasteful) and well below the stature of a team like WOS. Also, the pa system is terrible.

That's the best post I've read

This one hurt.  I will say this....WOS is a very good team.  Hats off to the team and their coaches for an outstanding game played.  My top 10 thoughts on the game are this:

1. PNG's offensive line is not very good.  WOS D-line is good, but PNG had problems run blocking and protecting the QB in both games.

4. I've seen a lot of football in my life, never have a seen a game more mismanaged by an officiating crew than this.  Didnt see anyone mention where PNG has 3rd and a coupe for the first, WOS jumps offsides, PNG qb throws deep as they always do on an offsides, PNG receiver gets mugged, and a flag comes out by the receiver indicative of the PI....nevermind, ref accidentally threw flag, as flag was waived off???? and no offsides was called when WOS was a yard in the backfield at the snap, which brought up 4th down on a critical drive.  I could go on and on with unfavorable calls against PNG, but its not worth it, and WOS deserves more credit than that. 

10. WOS announcer shouldnt cheer on the home team over the speakers (distasteful) and well below the stature of a team like WOS.  Also, the pa system is terrible.

I didn't hear the PA announcer saying nothing more than asking the fans to stand up and support the Stangs and that the Stangs needed to give 112% to get back in to the game.  I don't see anything distasteful with that. I go to other games as well and have heard the same things.  Now as far as the PA system, well I agree with ya there!

I have heard it at other schools also marshman.  IMO its distasteful everytime...especially the "Go Blue, Come on Blue, etc."  Yes, its home field, but I just think it should be left up to the crowd, team, students, fans, band, drill team, etc., to set the atmosphere.  I think the proffessionals involved in and around the game should remain that.  IDK, maybe I'm just not used to it, cause PNG has never done it.  Anyway, was just giving my honest top 10 thoughts, and it made it in there....no big deal. 

Anytime it's a lot of flags, ppl blame the refs. Ever thought maybe it's week 2, both sides got a lot of young, inexperience players, and they are simply playing some undisciplined football. Should the refs ignore this, or should the coach correct this with his young players in practice? WOS Dline is ferocious, and get held, chop blocked, etc. very often. That is the only way some ppl can slow them down. TBH, I was at WB game which had about 50 penalties, and I thought it was the longest game ever, but I guess either they are calling the game a lot tighter this year or these coaches need to put more emphasis on fundamentals at practice. I wasn't there but off of stats alone, it's obvious that the move to put DT on Giblin was the difference. I seen #13 play WB, he is a grown man. PNG is a good team. The QB and Giblin are bonafied studs. Both these teams will do great this yr. WOS is going through a QB storm, yet they are 2-0. This is the kind of early season adversary that builds character in a team and make CHAMPIONS out of them. Best a Wishes to both teams. I'm upset I missed a hell of a game.