Nederland 51 Vidor 32/Final

WOSgrad

I haven't seen the stats yet, but I do know that Nederland punter didn't punt at all tonight.

According to Houston Chronicle

Nederland  Vidor

Total yards             531             377

First downs             21               19

Rushes/Yds           36/363         52/304

Average rush         10.08            5.85

Comp/Atts             13/17/0         5/11/1

Pass yards            168               73

Comp pct               76.47           45.45

Punts                     0                   0

Punting Yards        0                    0

Punting Average    0                    0

Fumbles/Lost        1/1                2/2

Penalties-yards    10-105          5-55

I think 3/or 4/of those were face mask penalties and one questionable PI, overall it was not as bad as previous weeks, but definitely an area where Nederland WILL continue to improve and shows the upside of this team. You are right, that is not indicative of Bulldog football and will be cleaned up

It has been indicative of them this year. Of course it beats almost 200 yards in penalties against Dayton........ 

Good to get a win and the offense was impressive moiving the ball...the difference tonight was finishing drives and the Dogs did that last night...still really need to clean up the penalties and mental mistakes...the team went to sleep in the 3rd quarter and let vidor back in the game...vidors kids to their credit, never gave up and took advantage...they just had no answer for how to stop Nederland.

Also props to mtc for taking his medicine and admitting defeat...rob and the other vidor annual trash talkers, as usual, are no where to be found...the good news is that this routine is very predictable...talk trash for weeks on how you will beat your "rival" and the disappear when you lose.

Clean up the mistakes Dogs and get ready for Ozen now.

TVC, so you Dont think the penalties will get corrected? Face Mask penalties are somewhat of an anomaly, its different than a late hit or holding or procedure

Penalties happen. Nederland has been eaten up with major penalties including unsportsmanlike and personal fouls. I think it is more than an anomaly.

Agressive football is one thing but tempers are another. Can it change? Sure but poise is harder to teach than skill in my opinion.

Good game and Ned deserved the win... have to say I was pretty disappointed in a few of Neds "key" players and their lack of sportsmanship that led to the multiple personal fouls.  Its really hard to appreciate their talent when their attitudes stink. Overall great game though, both teams showed a lot of fight.