Astros hire...

With the current status of the Franchise they did not have a chance to get "A Big Hire" - I still have my doubts as to it they will ever do anything but use young players and allow the older younger players that will demand and deserve more $$$$$ to leave the team for greener pastures.  I know they have stated that is not the case but so far they have not proven anything but that to be the case.  

First major test of my theory will quite possibly be Altuve - I know he just signed a new contract but if he has another year close to this one he will be in high demand and deserving of a HUGE contract - I do not expect that to be in Houston.  Also, if they do like they did last year and make almost no moves in the off-season I think we are into more years of below .500 baseball in Houston.

The Astro's have had the lowest salary structure for the last 3-4 years and I do not expect that to change.  As I stated I think this is how the new owners have decided to make a profit - low salaries + TV Contracts = $$$$.  Hope I am wrong but at this time do not think so.