LSU

TXHORN_ET

The difference between lsu fans and tx fans is I can admit when we suck.
Lsu sucks

Totally wrong. Most Texas fans on here have admitted we suck. We just don't try and hide behind a conference. But of course I don't expect you to try and stand on your own merits, you have to make some type of comparison to ease the pain of SUCking. LSU's sucking is second to none!

I don't know how many times I have to say this.

LSU is a freight train. They're hard to get moving, but once they do, they're almost impossible to stop. For Les Miles, it's all about momentum. They'll waste two and a half quarters doing nothing offensively, and then all of the sudden they get one big play and go on a scoring spree nobody can put an end to. Other teams have games like this every now and then, but for LSU, it's a recurring theme.

I could pick out half a dozen examples of this. Not the least of which is their game versus Wisconsin earlier this year, when LSU went from being down 24-7 to winning the game 28-24 in a matter of minutes. Two of the best examples come from their games against Tennessee and Georgia in 2011. In fact, against Georgia, LSU went in at halftime down 10-7, and became the first team in the history of the SEC to not make a single first down in the first half of a game. Then Tyrann Mathieu comes out and made a big play (a kickoff return for a touchdown, if I recall correctly) to start the second half, and LSU never looked back. They won that game, 42-10. Against Tennessee, LSU spent a quarter and a half struggling to get their first touchdown and tie Tennessee. Then they went on a roll and won, 38-7. The same thing almost happened last week between LSU and Miss State; LSU scored 19 points in the fourth quarter to almost come back from a 24 point deficit. The freight train got moving, but just ran out of time.

If you want to beat LSU, you have to make sure they never get that spark that gets their fire going. Saban proved that in the 2011 national championship. Alabama never let Mathieu get a big play, and sure enough, Alabama pitched a shutout on the Bayou Bengals in what might as well have been their own stadium. The gameplan against LSU has been the same ever since, and Alabama has yet to lose to them again. What happened in Auburn tonight is virtually the same thing.

I don't know how many times I have to say this.

LSU is a freight train. They're hard to get moving, but once they do, they're almost impossible to stop. For Les Miles, it's all about momentum. They'll waste two and a half quarters doing nothing offensively, and then all of the sudden they get one big play and go on a scoring spree nobody can put an end to. Other teams have games like this every now and then, but for LSU, it's a recurring theme.

I could pick out half a dozen examples of this. Not the least of which is their game versus Wisconsin earlier this year, when LSU went from being down 24-7 to winning the game 28-24 in a matter of minutes. Two of the best examples come from their games against Tennessee and Georgia in 2011. In fact, against Georgia, LSU went in at halftime down 10-7, and became the first team in the history of the SEC to not make a single first down in the first half of a game. Then Tyrann Mathieu comes out and made a big play (a kickoff return for a touchdown, if I recall correctly) to start the second half, and LSU never looked back. They won that game, 42-10. Against Tennessee, LSU spent a quarter and a half struggling to get their first touchdown and tie Tennessee. Then they went on a roll and won, 38-7. The same thing almost happened last week between LSU and Miss State; LSU scored 19 points in the fourth quarter to almost come back from a 24 point deficit. The freight train got moving, but just ran out of time.

If you want to beat LSU, you have to make sure they never get that spark that gets their fire going. Saban proved that in the 2011 national championship. Alabama never let Mathieu get a big play, and sure enough, Alabama pitched a shutout on the Bayou Bengals in what might as well have been their own stadium. The gameplan against LSU has been the same ever since, and Alabama has yet to lose to them again. What happened in Auburn tonight is virtually the same thing.

Sounds like a HS team I know that has never been beaten.

SPCFBG