Texas vs #11 Oklahoma

PhatMack19

Wait - PhatMack posts a quote from a Texas reporter for Horns Digest who from the looks of things is a proven reporter and Texas follower and who is supposed to be in the KNOW and you seem to take offense that it was mentioned in a conversation that was at times about the fact that Heard needs to start in front of Swoopes.

So I guess I need guidance for future posts - so as not to "offend" Texas fans are we only allowed to post uplifting stories about Texas????? :P

Prediction:
Texas - 3
OU - 27

Texas defense keeps the score respectable.

I think he meant more like "thanks for the bad news!" In a joking manner. I will also venture to read his mind and say he was grateful to Mack for sharing his endless Longhorn research with us. The kid does spend a lot of time studying an opponent that you are set to play theres ago...

Wait - PhatMack posts a quote from a Texas reporter for Horns Digest who from the looks of things is a proven reporter and Texas follower and who is supposed to be in the KNOW and you seem to take offense that it was mentioned in a conversation that was at times about the fact that Heard needs to start in front of Swoopes.  

So I guess I need guidance for future posts - so as not to "offend" Texas fans are we only allowed to post uplifting stories about Texas????? :P

Prediction:

Texas - 3

OU - 27

Texas defense keeps the score respectable. 

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:159]

Come on Old Timer, 27-3 ain't very respectable. But I guess you know that we are not accustomed to losing.

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:151]

A ray of hope for the beat future. I spent about a half hour last Saturday chatting with a guy who played his last game with the Longhorns last season. He was a 4 year starter on the OL after being very highly recruited as a 5* recruit.

He had some injuries but started most of the games over his 4 years of playing. Got his degree, found out the nfl probably wasn't in the cards for him and went back to West Texas working in the oil & gas industry.

He told me that he expects to see the OL improve drastically this year and to see marked improvement each week. The minimal prior starts they had when thrown at byu was too much too overcome. He went in detail about reads and things you have to recognize at this level. He said without experience, you spend too much time thinking and not enough just playing.

But he said this is a smart group that is picking it up very quickly. He also said that although he obviously never played for Coach Wick, he did play against his OLs for 4 years. He said that, coupled with talking to the guys and seeing them practice when he's in town (his gf still lives in ATX), leads him to believe that Wickline is as good an OL coach as there is in CFB.

Take it for what it's worth but I have a lot of confidence in this guy. He was a very good one for the Horns and is exceptionally bright and cerebral when it comes to football.

(And if horndawg had shown up at the tailgate I was going to make him arm wrestle this dude 💪

A ray of hope for the beat future. I spent about a half hour last Saturday chatting with a guy who played his last game with the Longhorns last season. He was a 4 year starter on the OL after being very highly recruited as a 5* recruit.

He had some injuries but started most of the games over his 4 years of playing. Got his degree, found out the nfl probably wasn't in the cards for him and went back to West Texas working in the oil & gas industry.

He told me that he expects to see the OL improve drastically this year and to see marked improvement each week. The minimal prior starts they had when thrown at byu was too much too overcome. He went in detail about reads and things you have to recognize at this level. He said without experience, you spend too much time thinking and not enough just playing.

But he said this is a smart group that is picking it up very quickly. He also said that although he obviously never played for Coach Wick, he did play against his OLs for 4 years. He said that, coupled with talking to the guys and seeing them practice when he's in town (his gf still lives in ATX), leads him to believe that Wickline is as good an OL coach as there is in CFB.

Take it for what it's worth but I have a lot of confidence in this guy. He was a very good one for the Horns and is exceptionally bright and cerebral when it comes to football.

(And if horndawg had shown up at the tailgate I was going to make him arm wrestle this dude

Oh, and I thought the game immediately following our conversation was evidence of his point. Brown and gray ran more effectively against Baylor than any game all year.

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:167]

That was a terrible route, you can't just run straight down the field and turnaround letting the db cut in front of you... that's bad receiver play.  If I play defense at Texas, I might be getting a little frustrated at this point, that makes two weeks in a row that they play lights out and don't even have a chance because of offense and Special teams.