Will lack of DEFENSE be our coverage area demise?

Yes and offensive play calling. It seems every year my Dogs lose to Georgetown who has similar athletes to us, but are so much more polished offensively in tempo and play calling. The efficiency that team has on offense is something that we haven't seen in district.

central texas has better overall coaching?

So pretty much just offense and defense will be the downfall

Well, last year I would say it was offense because Ned had a really good D... There is not a dominant D this year in the area in my opinion. I know last year and the year before that Georgetown beat us because they had a superior QB compared to us and were much more dynamic and unpredictable with their play calling which keeps even a really good D off balance. Our D was exhausted in both of those games because we could not sustain drives.

CE King scoring avg 61 ppg  *rush 2026 *pass 938 * played 5 gm *Defense allow 18 ppg  **Like King better

Crosby   scoring avg 32.7 ppg *rush 1352 *pass *1168 *played 6 gm *Defense allow 13.7 ppg

King has played one decent defense so far and was held to 374 total yards. They leave their players in longer and they've padded stats and ran up big numbers sub-par defenses like Dayton, Porter, Tomball and Magnolia. Crosby's offensive numbers will look a lot better too after we get to play NCISD schools and Dayton. Also, the title of the thread was about defense and Crosby has played better defense than King against a harder schedule to date.

King has played one decent defense so far and was held to 374 total yards. They leave their players in longer and they've padded stats and ran up big numbers sub-par defenses like Dayton, Porter, Tomball and Magnolia. Crosby's offensive numbers will look a lot better too after we get to play NCISD schools and Dayton. Also, the title of the thread was about defense and Crosby has played better defense than King against a harder schedule to date.

But King stomped Dayt,make sure we hear w/a good comeback when Dayt gives Crosby loss #1 :D next week

But King stomped Dayt,make sure we hear w/a good comeback when Dayt gives Crosby loss #1 :D next week

Crosby had some starters out against KP but will be back at full strength for Dayton after our bye week. Riordan is already a better coach than Hancock and now he has two weeks to prepare for the bubble screen and the slant over the middle. If I was you I would be worried about losing your homecoming game instead of buying Crosby fans steaks next week.

Guest ECBucFan

I'll take WO-S, HJ, Kirbyville, Shelbyville, and Crosby's defenses to take them on deep playoff runs.

FWIW, prior to this past week, EC had the #1 3A defensive rating in PPG allowed.

I think what people are trying to say is that the coaching is better. The Ned and Gtown situation is the best example. You also have to go with the kids you have. Once you start winning, the kids will flock to your program if you are in a large area.

you bring up a very great point cause that area around Georgetown/Elgin/North Austin area is growing fast.