There's nothing here yet

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    heatherjo
    Newest Member
    heatherjo

• Then why is Trump leading in almost all electoral college votes at the moment and why all the infighting amongst the Democrats if anyone can win? 
    • The vp has no constitutional authority except presiding over the Senate to cast a vote only if it breaks a tie and counting ballots after an election. A president under the Constitution is 1.  commander-in-chief 2. can issue executive orders 3. has the sole discretion to nominate federal judges and cabinet members 4. has the sole authority to make treaty agreements with foreign governments.  The vp has the 1. constitutional authority to vote on the Senate if needed to break a tie. So I guess if someone tried to file charges against the vp for voting in a tied issue, the vp would have immunity from that vote choice. 
    • I saw somebody on Twitter say (and I apologize if I’ve said this already) “I’d vote for Joe Biden’s head in a glass jar before I’d ever vote for Trump.”   There are a lot of people (and I’m afraid that it’s actually MOST people) hate Trump that much. All they need is somebody who can fog a mirror to vote for and the Ds will roll. 
    • I will add this, the immunity ruling has brought out some of the most ridiculous statements and accusations.  Like most times, headlines rule the day and the media sure doesn’t fact check any of that. It would be great for the Facebook fact checkers shut down a majority of the claims with their false information stamp. This example illustrates have fact checking only goes one way.  The Supreme Court mentioned three situations. Constitutional authority, executive authority and no authority. Two of the three can potentially have no immunity depending on the situation. So… IMMUNITY- 1. Absolutely  2. Maybe not  3. None People: (a) Get to #1 and quit reading  (b) Read and understand it but lie for political reasons  (c) Rely on headlines and comments from people in (b)
    • I had cars for 15 years where that didn’t exist and at other times, no one ever knew.  I honestly can’t imagine bringing a car in for inspection and not knowing that everything is working.