SETXsports High School Football Rankings - Week 8

WOSgrad

Not only am I not a fan, I have never seen an HJ game in any sport. I am going to assume that I will never see one unless they have a playoff game in Nederland and I am in town with nothing to do. 

Then you're just an ignorant individual spouting off nonsense that makes no sense? Sounds like bullets13 has another profile. :lol: . 

Guest ECBucFan

Hahahahahaha!!! I knew it!!! Lol.. I knew you'd come back in anger and type out a book, then say you were done. I am lmao. I told my buddy here at work this would happen and he is laughing his off too. This is awesome. This happens to EVERYONE when they are backed into a corner. Lol.. Come on back man. I'll ease up. Lmao..

13 is really combative, especially for a SETX  "staff member".  :rolleyes: 

Hahahahahaha!!! I knew it!!! Lol.. I knew you'd come back in anger and type out a book, then say you were done. I am lmao. I told my buddy here at work this would happen and he is laughing his off too. This is awesome. This happens to EVERYONE when they are backed into a corner. Lol.. Come on back man. I'll ease up. Lmao.. :D :lol: :D

You've given yourself way too much credit, which seems to be a common theme for you. I mean, we've established that Kirbyvilles wins over 1-5 teams are equal to or more impressive than other teams wins against better competition. And I'm not angry at all, because your argument makes no sense. The word you're looking for is exasperation, which is the feeling I get when I try to explain something to you. It's like trying to teach a dog how to read.

Guest ECBucFan

I don't base my rankings on what some fans from another school thought about a game last year.

But you then said: Look, HJ would slam Kirbyville down in a thrashing. That's all there is to it.

So, you ignore retrospect, but willingly extrapolate forward? How does that work? Use them both, or neither. Can't have it both ways!

The truth is HJ got beat by Buna & EC last year with the same group of kids they have now!! ( Lucky Kirbyville wasn't on the schedule). I stand by my pick of HJ finishing in 4th in Dist. 12 3A if they were competing in that district. But hey, all of this is for fun right?? HJ's real measuring stick is WOS, who they are 0-10 against the last decade!! Show up on Oct. 31st and take care of the Mustangs then you can talk and we'll listen. Till then you'll always be in their shadow!! ( If you're not 1st, you're last) Ricky Bobby lol

The truth is HJ got beat by Buna & EC last year with the same group of kids they have now!! ( Lucky Kirbyville wasn't on the schedule). I stand by my pick of HJ finishing in 4th in Dist. 12 3A if they were competing in that district. But hey, all of this is for fun right?? HJ's real measuring stick is WOS, who they are 0-10 against the last decade!! Show up on Oct. 31st and take care of the Mustangs then you can talk and we'll listen. Till then you'll always be in their shadow!! ( If you're not 1st, you're last) Ricky Bobby lol

HJ is MUCH better than they were last year. I'm not saying that it wouldn't be good games, but at most HJ loses 1 game in that district.

And that is probably what makes them better. In 2012 Nederland took many of the same kids returning from an undefeated team and went 4 rounds deep, knocking off the #1 team in the state on the way. Returning players is what many times makes teams better and sometimes a lot better. 

As far as it (rankings) being for fun, that point seems to escape some people.  :)

Guest ECBucFan

The truth is HJ got beat by Buna & EC last year with the same group of kids they have now!! ( Lucky Kirbyville wasn't on the schedule). I stand by my pick of HJ finishing in 4th in Dist. 12 3A if they were competing in that district.

I agree. H-J is lucky they don't have our teams on their schedule.

The nice thing for y'all while making these statements is that you don't have to worry about losing to the hawks. I think both would be good games, but I don't see either beating HJ. The best comparison you'll have is when you play Kirbyville. We'll see how Buna and EC do against them and then I'll be happy to reevaluate my statement.