Texas Tech vs. Texas A&M

Guest Techsan

Guest Techsan

Wierd ending.....I think Acie Law may have been fouled on the throw in though, but Ill take the win. Two top ten teams knocked off in one week not bad General not bad, but can he keep the momentum going?

Guest Techsan

Yea its mind boggling. Knocking off the two top teams in the conference and losing to Baylor go figure. Final is 70-68. Good luck to the Ags, Im not looking forward to the trip to College Station because Im sure Gillespie is going to make it personal. I personally think that the Ags have a better team personnel wise, I just think they had an off night and Tech was just good enough to slip by.

Anyway surely we should move into the top 25 though, if not it just goes to show how much the media loves to rip on Knight.

Texas Tech upsets No. 6 A&M

LUBBOCK - Texas Tech knocked off its second Top 10 opponent in less than a week Wednesday night, upsetting sixth-ranked Texas A&M 70-68 at the United Spirit Arena.

The Red Raiders beat then-No. 5 Kansas, 69-64, on Saturday.

Tech (15-5, 4-1), which moved into a first-place tie in the Big 12 with Texas A&M, beat the Aggies despite making only two field goals in the final 13:45 minutes.

Darryl Dora hit a 3-pointer with 1:02 remaining to give Tech the lead, and Martin Zeno hit three free throws down the stretch.

Down 68-67, Texas A&M (16-3, 4-1) had a chance to tie the game with 9.3 seconds remaining. But Dominique Kirks's in-bounds pass intended for Joseph Jones was intercepted by Zeno near the basket. Zeno sank both free throws.

Law, who had a game-high 26 points, made the first of two free throws with 3.4 seconds remaining. He intentionally tried to miss the second, but it did not hit the rim. Zeno took a long inbounds pass past mid-court and circled around the basket as time expired.

Zeno had 22 points for the Red Raiders.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Wildcats92
    Newest Member
    Wildcats92