2. VNUPE

VNUPE

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    janaxad4
    Newest Member
    janaxad4

• There are so many laws on ballots that it could probably be a degree course. Some say things like, you have to declare your party before January 1 each election year (so in the previous year) and you can’t change. So a potential candidate can’t declare to be a Democrat in December 2023 and then in May 2024 decide to file paperwork to run as a Republican. Each state is different though on dates (including actually different dates on “major” and “minor” parties), appeals, party affiliations, changes to the ballot by any means and so on. The Nevada alone for the 2023-2024 elections season is 9 pages with links to other pages.  The states combined might have thousands of pages of election information. The Texas Election Code has about 160…. Chapters. I could understand where a person could read a line or two and say, “Aha! That’s the answer” and ignore 567 pages. 
    • Congrats Horns. Could be a big season for yall coming up 
    • When did Woodville get a Jacob Hunter on the roster 😂 
    • And for what it’s worth, can we stop calling something we don’t agree with “a lie?” That’s literally what people are doing now, media included. If Trump says “I don’t think climate change is that big of a deal, some tree hugger will yell “he’s a liar!” And the talking heads will put another tic mark on the lie list. I saw the other day where some jerk researched trump’s presidency and said “he averaged 21 lies per day.” I agree that he’s a liar, but come on… 21 per day? They’re like “…then Trump said Biden is doing a bad job… another lie.”
    • That’s not a lie… in the buildup to the reversal of Roe v Wade, some states (like Texas) were putting in very restrictive abortion bans that would take effect on the off chance that Roe v Wade was overturned.   Other states (like Virginia) set in place rules even less restrictive than the ones in Roe v Wade…. And the Governor of Virginia was proud to say that abortion was legal right up until the baby was born.   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up FWIW, a state rep from Va authored a bill that would loosen restriction.  Asked to clarify, she said that a woman who was actively dialated would be able to request an abortion. After an uproar, she backtracked.  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up The headline of the article incorrectly states that trump’s statement was a lie… it’s not, IMO.   
  • Topics