College Football Playoff Poll- Week 11

PhatMack19

Very likely that there is only 1 SEC team with one loss. Heck, they might all have 2 losses before it's over.

If Bama wins out and beats Miss St in a close game, I think Bama and Miss St get in.

If Auburn wins out and Miss St drops a close one to Bama or Ole Miss, I think Auburn and Miss St get in.

Those are the only 2 scenarios that I can see 2 SEC teams getting in the playoffs. That Is unless a bunch of other teams lose games they shouldnt and then it will be wide open.

Remaining conference games for Top 3 SEC teams. Miss. St is NOT going to win all 3 games.   Auburn probably has the best shot to win out.

Miss. St (0 loss)  =   @ Alabama, Vandy, @ Ole Miss

Alabama (1 loss) =  @LSU, Miss. St, Auburn

Auburn (1 loss)   =   A&M, @Georgia, @Alabama

Remaining conference games for Top 3 SEC teams. Miss. St is NOT going to win all 3 games. Auburn probably has the best shot to win out.

Miss. St (0 loss) = @ Alabama, Vandy, @ Ole Miss
Alabama (1 loss) = @LSU, Miss. St, Auburn
Auburn (1 loss) = A&M, @Georgia, @Alabama

That's pretty rough. If Miss St goes 2-1 and either Bama or Auburn win out, they will get in.

I know yall can't wait for another all SEC National Title game.

The SEC west is a perfect example of why we need an 8 team playoff. And I'm not a fan at all of the SEC. But they're going to have at least three 2-loss teams who would be 1-loss (at worst) teams in any other conference. Give us 8 teams. This way if a conference has two deserving teams, they can both get in. Also, if an upstart from a mid major goes undefeated, there's room to toss them in there and see what they can do.

The SEC west is a perfect example of why we need an 8 team playoff. And I'm not a fan at all of the SEC. But they're going to have at least three 2-loss teams who would be 1-loss (at worst) teams in any other conference. Give us 8 teams. This way if a conference has two deserving teams, they can both get in. Also, if an upstart from a mid major goes undefeated, there's room to toss them in there and see what they can do.

Agree 100%. 4 teams is a joke.

Another perfect example is when the big 12 south was super strong 5 or 6 years ago and OU, texas, and Tech all each went 1-1 against each other. OU won some cockamamie tiebreaker and went on to the big 12 title game, while the other two lost all chance at playing for a national title game.
A 4-team playoff couldn't solve that, but an 8-team playoff might.

The two teams with the easiest schedule of all the contenders.

Oregon beat #8 Michigan St and #18 UCLA. Lost to #19 Arizona. #17 Utah is the only ranked team left on their schedule.

FSU beat #8 Notre Dame and #21 Clemson. No one else on their schedule is ranked.

I don't see how GCM says easy is a relative term looking at those schedules.

The best teams win their conference.

If you win the SEC, then you should easily be the best team in the country. So just beat the other conference champions.

Not always... The SEC West is the exception to this rule. I think the top 5 of this conference is the best in college football. No way Oregon, Notre Dame or the FSU Criminoles survive a SEC W schedule.

Not always... The SEC West is the exception to this rule. I think the top 5 of this conference is the best in college football. No way Oregon, Notre Dame or the FSU Criminoles survive a SEC W schedule.

Then that would be an easy win.

If you are in the SEC West, and you're the best team in the country, win your conference.

The best teams win their conference.

If you win the SEC, then you should easily be the best team in the country. So just beat the other conference champions.

So if Miss State and Auburn win out, then Auburn gets left out of the SEC title game. You would take a Big 12 Champ K-State over Auburn even though Auburn beat them on the field. That doesn't make much sense to me.

Put the best teams in the playoff!