1. HJ2012

HJ2012

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    risinger62
    Newest Member
    risinger62

• This is pretty spot on… but hey… I would’ve loved to have Rigdon in Bellville 😂😂 But regardless Bellville will be fine in district moving forward and won’t see a team of the caliber that they played in non district till the 3rd or 4th round honestly.. I think region 3 is a bit down overall this season. I did think the Bellville offense played better this week than they did vs Hitchcock. Either way getting to play teams in back to back weeks with D1 QBs and athletes only helps them
    • BC should’ve won 42-0. The muffed punt and at least two obvious missed PI calls kept it at 28. 
    • Rigdon makes Columbus extremely dangerous on offense.  Very tough runner that waits and then puts his foot in the ground and turns up field.  Ran through tackles.  QB Schobel was as advertised, but LB Schobel was the MVP in my opinion.  Columbus DL did what Celina did and got under the Bellville OL and cut them to create traffic in the interior and slow those plays down.  It doesnt help that Bellville does not look clean in the backfield: running into each other, almost fumbling numerous times on handoffs.  The loss of Hood to give a break for Murray is evident.  Bellville's busts in the secondary were brutal.  Its not like the DB was outran, they just weren't in position to make plays.   Pretty interesting strategy by Columbus by adding coaches with Varsity kids (and one with D1 offers to the roster for this run with the Schobels.
    • Perhaps I shouldn't have said that, but keep in mind that I was watching the game live.  The one incident that I was referring to was their running back's stiff arm to the face, which actually appeared to be fingers into the eyes, of a would be tackler.  I happened to be sitting in Gen Adm., right at the goal line, about 4 or 5 rows up, and thought I saw it pretty well.   Also I was probably too hard on the refs last night. Refs by and large, for the past 3 seasons, just don't seem to call holding very often.  They did throw a couple of flags for hits out of bounds. And the pile ups at the goal line, with the QB at the bottom of the pile, I guess a TD can be tough to call. By the time they dig down to the bottom of the pile, anything can happen.  I'm hoarse this morning from yelling. Heck of a game. My grandson and his girlfriend went to the concession stand with the score tied 14-14, and by the time they returned, the score was 35-35. 
    • I think Tuesday on TBS.  Not sure.
  • Topics