Scarborough officially 0-10 after 8-32 loss tonight

Goblin

I do not like 4 teams qualifying for playoffs. I think a team should have to win at least 1-2 district games to qualify.

If UIL wants 4 teams, then make every district at least 7 team districts.

A) I agree with you. B) in a 7 team district you can't win 1-2 and be too 2 or 3.

Here's the issue. You make every district 7 teams..big difference in enrollment..probably..between biggest and smallest teams. Personally I don't care...but you know how that goes. Districts too big, people whine. Too small, people whine. Not many teams get in, people whine. Too many teams, people whine.

Maybe there should be a set amount.

5-6 team district - 2 teams go
7-8 team district - 3 teams go
And then maybe if you're ranked too 25 you're in. If you didn't qualify I mean.

I don't know the answer.

A) I agree with you. B) in a 7 team district you can't win 1-2 and be too 2 or 3.

Here's the issue. You make every district 7 teams..big difference in enrollment..probably..between biggest and smallest teams. Personally I don't care...but you know how that goes. Districts too big, people whine. Too small, people whine. Not many teams get in, people whine. Too many teams, people whine.

Maybe there should be a set amount.

5-6 team district - 2 teams go
7-8 team district - 3 teams go
And then maybe if you're ranked too 25 you're in. If you didn't qualify I mean.

I don't know the answer.

There is no answer. lol. And I understand the point of people complaining with only 2 teams going. i.e. WOS 2002, 2003. Finish season 8-2 both years and no playoffs. I understand the point you are trying to make but you cant compare an 0-10 team  to 4-6 team. What if they lost all their pre-season games but won all 4 of their district games?  If we take preseason out of the argument, There will be alot of sub .500 teams turn into undefeated teams. You can add or take away anything from Scarborough, they have lost ALL of their games. On top of that, they were blown out in every game. Obviously it doesnt matter who they schedule either. They would probably even lose to some of the smallest private schools in Houston.

There is no side you can take that leads to this team deserving to make the playoffs. Sorry but that is pure fact. UIL looks idiotic for not correcting this somehow. No winless team should ever get the same reward as deserving playoff teams. Its a bad joke. These kids deserve better really. They have to know they dont belong so making it is a disgrace.

As far as non-district schedules are concerned, it doesn't matter if a team goes undefeated or win less in non-district. It has no bearing on qualifying for playoffs.

I have no issue with a team going 0-4 in non district but going 2-4, 3-3 or 4-2 in district and qualifying for playoffs with a 2-8, 3-7 or 4-6 overall record.

As far as non-district schedules are concerned, it doesn't matter if a team goes undefeated or win less in non-district. It has no bearing on qualifying for playoffs.

I have no issue with a team going 0-4 in non district but going 2-4, 3-3 or 4-2 in district and qualifying for playoffs with a 2-8, 3-7 or 4-6 overall record.

I'm well aware non district means nothing. And there are a lot of teams that go undefeated until district that aren't very good.

My point is this. Take preseason out of it. Just like y'all said. Scarborough is 0-4. Technically if Jones folds during season it's a win by forfeit for everyone on their schedule. Doesn't matter.

HF finished 1-3. Probably most 4th place teams in the state in 5 team districts were 1-3. 4th place teams in 6 teams districts were probably 2-3. So technically you could be 1-9 or 2-8 depending on preseason.

My point is this. 1-3 doesn't deserve playoffs either. So before anyone starts bashing anybody don't forget all these other local teams that maybe got in on 1 win.

It's either all go..or none go. That's my point.

With 4 teams qualifying, there should be no district with less than 7 teams.

I wonder if anyone would've said a word if they win all 6 preseason games. "Didn't win any district games...but at least they're 6-4"

AAW even in a 7 team district you get in at 3-3. Teaching our youth that mediocrity is acceptable is a big problem. They should just go back to 2. Good teams stay home...so be it.

Haha.. Just realized. If 2 teams went Buna would be left out with a 9-1 record.

Thats what i mean, an 0-10 team going to playoffs isnt a situation man, its a disaster. The UIL could have done something to eliminate 4 team districts.
Kids these days dont know how to lose with grace because nobody lets them lose. It builds character. Not good enough to get it? Either sit at home and cry or go support other area teams.
Just think here soon, we get to see the all district teams with 4 first team and 4 second team QBs from a 6 team district. Its all the same

Thats what i mean, an 0-10 team going to playoffs isnt a situation man, its a disaster. The UIL could have done something to eliminate 4 team districts.
Kids these days dont know how to lose with grace because nobody lets them lose. It builds character. Not good enough to get it? Either sit at home and cry or go support other area teams.
Just think here soon, we get to see the all district teams with 4 first team and 4 second team QBs from a 6 team district. Its all the same

They didn't create a 4 team district. It is a 5 school district...that had a school shut down. But..5 team districts are also a joke if 4 teams go.

There is no solution. Just hope nobody gets hurt going into round 2. Or into basketball.

Who the heck cares really? If you finish first in district, then you should be able to beat a team like this handily. And, if one of these teams happens to win, it's justified. It also gives kids a chance to play in the playoffs, which is something they'll remember forever. They know there are people who think they shouldn't be there, and they'll want to prove them wrong. It's not hurting anyone, and it makes winning state one or two games harder to do.

I'm still not sure why people say that with 4 teams making the playoffs it is teaching kids that everybody wins. So instead of finishing 0-10 they will finish 0-11. That teaches kids that everyone is a winner? I don't think so.

You just made me think of something.......in the history of Texas HS football, has any team EVER finished 0-11?? Could they be the first?

If they want to water it down some to make their money, but want to avoid complete absurdity, how about 6 team districts and 3 teams go? You'd have to win at least 2 district games to advance, and nobody would get punished in a situation like kville, EC, and Buna. Also, if a school folds like it did in Scarboroughs district, you'd still have to win at least one district game to advance.

Because you lose all games and reach the playoffs, an honor for some schools who have to fight to get there. All this team had to do was suck in historic fashion and they will finish their year in same spot as either dayton or png. Yea, that makes sense and teaches players the rewards of accomplishing goals