Teague 76 Kountze 42/Final

WOSgrad

Just a question....Why isn't Kountze better on defense?  Is it the scheme, mental toughness or are they just not good on that side of the ball?  It's the same kids on the defensive side, however you can't rely on 1 or 2 to make a play on defense like they do on offense.  It just seems to me that with the type of athletes they have, they should be better on that side of the ball. 

Just a question....Why isn't Kountze better on defense?  Is it the scheme, mental toughness or are they just not good on that side of the ball?  It's the same kids on the defensive side, however you can't rely on 1 or 2 to make a play on defense like they do on offense.  It just seems to me that with the type of athletes they have, they should be better on that side of the ball. 

Size and Depth in my opinion.

Final stats

Teague                                           Kountze

rushing                                  49/322 yards                                  18/88 yards

passing                                 13-20, 284 yards                           21-47, 443 yards

total                                        69/606 yards                                 65/531 yards

FD                                             25                                                   21

Top performers

Teague

QB Austin Skinner

rush   6/31 yards  TD

pass  13-20, 284 yards  6 TD's INT

RB Tayvis Coleman (freshman)

rush  18/151 yards  TD

rec.  1-12

WR Aaron Mitchell

rec. 6-180 yards  4 TD

rush 7/53 yards

64 yard KO Return TD

RB EJ Salinas

rush   12/93 yards  2 TD

Kountze

QB Ryder Lognion

pass   20-42, 434 yards  6 TD  2 INT

RB  Deontra Morgan

rush  8/62 yards

rec.  6-146 yards  2 TD

WR Grayland Arnold

rec. 6-194 yards  3 TD

WR Justin Harper

rec.  3-32 yards TD

Just a question....Why isn't Kountze better on defense? Is it the scheme, mental toughness or are they just not good on that side of the ball? It's the same kids on the defensive side, however you can't rely on 1 or 2 to make a play on defense like they do on offense. It just seems to me that with the type of athletes they have, they should be better on that side of the ball.

Game actually could've been closer . Kountze turned the ball over 2 or three times inside the 20 in the first half.

Guest ECBucFan

Hmmm.... No so impressed with Teague after all. Apparently their defense is not that overwhelming for a #1 team, giving up 42.

Basing this on just one playoff game though. We'll see as things progress.   .

And I don't think Grayland played a full quarter at qb. He played wr mostly and if he could of gotten the ball more it would of been a lot closer. But I will say this, Teagues qb is the real deal and so was #1. Put someone on #1 that can cover him, like Kountze didn't, and put some pressure on the qb and they can be beat.