WOS Mustangs vs Giddings Buffaloes

tennisbc

Mustang moms get the winter grub ready, cornbread, red beans, mustard greens, chicken, rice and gravy and feed the Stangs well this week :) . They will need to be ready to tackle the boys from Giddings who are always big and tall. LOL this should be a better game for the mustangs, I believe that the JV performed excellently, last night good for them as well.

Turner Stadium...home of the Mad Hatter Memorial, established November 2006 by WO-S' own Russell Turkel of the '87 "3-0" Jasper game. 

Did he ever get his hat back? 

Sorry...it's a little inside joke among WO-S fans who attended the WO-S/Giddings game in '06. 

That loss still stings to this day. Thankfully, we have a different play caller in this game. 

Gasilla is right. Coach T will have to be extra intense with our boys this week in practice. To much down time with the bye and "walk through" last night. From this point forward, our players have to look at every game as if they're playing Richmond Foster. 

Turner Stadium...home of the Mad Hatter Memorial, established by WO-S' own Russell Turkel of the '87 "3-0" Jasper game.

Sorry...it's a little inside joke among WO-S fans who attended the WO-S/Giddings game in '06.

That loss still stings to this day. Thankfully, we have a different play caller in this game.

Gasilla is right. Coach T will have to be extra intense with our boys this week in practice. To much down time with the bye and "walk through" last night. From this point forward, our players have to look at every game as if they're playing Richmond Foster.

I doubt if they need that much motivation. Some of the current seniors on this team have been to the regional finals the last three years. Their goal is to get to state. They've been here before. They know what it takes. We have tremendous leadership from these guys, IMO.

Turner Stadium...home of the Mad Hatter Memorial, established by WO-S' own Russell Turkel of the '87 "3-0" Jasper game.

who was calling plays Crouch?

According to the folks on the Texas Downlow board, we are in for a big surprise... What worries me is that we have, essentially, had 2 bye weeks in a row. WE MUST find a way to elevate back to the same play and intensity we had against HJ. If we don't we WILL be in trouble.

Hopefully WOS can come out and be the one doing the surprising.

From Orange whats the best route to get to Turner stadium?   I-10 to Houston then north on beltway 8, hwy 90 through Beaumont-Libery-Dayton? 1960 out of Dayton? never been to this stadium before.   Also what may be the shortest route may not best the best due too afternoon traffic.

The Hwy 90 from Beaumont through Liberty & Dayton is a better and shorter route. 

Really hoping the stangs can come out focused and up to the task from the get go in this game! And hoping the bye week and Scarborough game don't lag on our boys! I believe the stangs are Atleast 21 points better than the buffaloes, but you never know. Let's go stangs!

I know Scarborough was not a challenge for us, but I wonder what makes people think that this team is not focused.