Sheldon C.E. King 55 Beaumont Central 23/Final

WOSgrad

Crazy how quickly uou guys in BMT turn on your coaches.
Before the season Foreman was da Man. Now it's about time he go?
WB ran Stump out. Hows that working out for both parties?
Ozen got no clue from one day to the next who they wanna run things. Pulled off major playoff upsets a few years back and they ran that cat out.
Central couldn't get rid of Suggs fast enough. Howd that workout?

You guys gotta be more patient and realize that the system in BMT is not condusive to winning regularly. NO MIDDLE SCHOOL PROGRAMS. Thats not the coaches fault. And the stupid SB that requires the HCs at each school be paid the same. Thats ludicrous in itself.

Ozen got no clue from one day to the next who they wanna run things. Pulled off major playoff upsets a few years back and they ran that cat out.

You guys gotta be more patient and realize that the system in BMT is not condusive to winning regularly. NO MIDDLE SCHOOL PROGRAMS. Thats not the coaches fault. And the stupid SB that requires the HCs at each school be paid the same. Thats ludicrous in itself.

This so true, I heard so many people complaining about the coach last night..when he put in the goal line package at the 50 the whole stands erupted 45 yards after that oh that was a good play.

Turned on him? I didn't turn on him? I support him, but I'm not convinced that he is the best thing since sliced bread. That's what I said. With the talent that walks through our halls, playoffs should be a given. But when your in a big game and you come out of halftime and NO adjustments have been made, then I'll call it for what it is.

Btw, it's funny how not long ago you guys after calling for Burnett's head and ran him outta PN-G.

Also, no one ran Suggs off. He left himself, and left on good terms. So I have no idea what you are talking about.

The pay means nothing in this argument. I've seen coaches call a better game with no pay than what I see from some paid coaches in the area...

This so true, I heard so many people complaining about the coach last night..when he put in the goal line package at the 50 the whole stands erupted 45 yards after that oh that was a good play.

I know non of the folks around me didn't say good play. No reason you run this goal line packages. We lost yards each time we ran it.

Not everyone on this board has turned on Toby, some have never been sold on him......Gotta agree he will be better judged after another yr. I will say this....... if Suggs hangs around HE will be the best HC in Bmt by playoff time next year. 

Umm PNG gave Burnett something like 15 years and they went to the playoffs three times in his last nine years. We didn't turn on him. He was given plenty of time. In BMT if he aint winning in year two its time to go.
PNG has had 2 Chiefs in 21 years. We have shown great patience if you ask me.

Suggs left on good terms, but he left for some reason??? Meaning he was unhappy about something in BMT. Same as Stump.

That goal line package, isn't that what Kingwood Park did to beat King? That's where they got that from, but when Crosby ran the heavy package against King it wasn't effective. Have to say the King coaching staff made some adjustments after KWP ran it right at em and good job.

major adjustments that aint working no mo lol

Umm PNG gave Burnett something like 15 years and they went to the playoffs three times in his last nine years. We didn't turn on him. He was given plenty of time. In BMT if he aint winning in year two its time to go.

Suggs left on good terms, but he left for some reason??? Meaning he was unhappy about something in BMT. Same as Stump.

I've became really good friends with PN-G fans and trust me, SEVERAL turned on him. Remember, run run pass punt?

Suggs left on good terms, which is why he was allowed a second stent in BISD. Central was 4a then and he wanted that big 5a job. So when the chance presented itself, he left. It was a promotion in a sense.

This is actual true information, not some crap you probably heard from someone...

Stump was ok... untill the field house fiasco. The stop work order was put in and they couldn't finish West Brook's field house. He then did the chicken ish move and then went to the media and conplained at postgame interviews. He left because of that, supposedly, but it was his homeboys that worked so hard as BISD detractors to put the stop work order in place. So, many fans including West Brook fans said good riddance...

So 3 winning seasons in 9 years. Not just 3 playoff teams. 3 winning seasons. Run Run Pass Punt only worked when MB had the big heavies up front to be effective. It had become painfully obvious after 9 years of the same thing that MB was not going to change his gameplan. Never properly adjusted to his talent.
NINE YEARS. I'd say they gave him ample time.

Maybe you missed the payss to the TE out of that package... I guess you and others was to busy complaining about the coach for calling this bone head play

I saw it, but that play was ran late in the third quarter, I believe. That was 2 and a half quarters that we didn't see it. The game was already out of hand at that point.

Here's an honest statement...

You are never going to make everyone happy... Some people are caught up on district championships, some get caught up in wins, others statistics. So on, so on.

Here's IMO what people don't understand.

Making the playoffs is rather easy taking 4 teams.
If talent was so good, you will win regardless of coaching.
People just gripe to gripe
All of our coaches in the district aren't the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Same issues we have in Port Neches-Groves.
Some people are fine with mediocrity, others are not.
It's a dog eat dog world, and it shows up daily.

If a Vince Young is walking around your halls, it doesn't matter if Jimmy Fallon is coaching the team, they are going to win...

I agree Central has talent, but I'm not quite sure it's at the level some may think..
With the days of football camps, etc, if little Johnny runs a 4.4, he's a 4 star kid..
That doesn't make you a winner..
Look at the University of Texas, full of 5 star kids... Can't win a game worth winning to save their souls..

If a special player runs through a school, your going to go deep in the playoffs regardless.
Example: Jonathon Gray... Cedric Benson... Vince Young...

Nobody around here has a staff that is perfect.... Nederland is by far the best in our district. But they have been together a long time..

Same thing with PN-G... BF doesn't have an assistant that started with him.. I think that hurts us every year. But the flip side is if we crap can him. Then we are back to square A.. I definitely don't think there's a bunch of Art Briles types lined up to take his job. It's a catch 22 deal... I've watched Central and Ozen for years. I think they could use better decision making sometimes... But trust me, in the big scheme of things, every team in the district could...

So 3 winning seasons in 9 years. Not just 3 playoff teams. 3 winning seasons. Run Run Pass Punt only worked when MB had the big heavies up front to be effective. It had become painfully obvious after 9 years of the same thing that MB was not going to change his gameplan. Never properly adjusted to his talent.
NINE YEARS. I'd say they gave him ample time.

SMH....

Here's an honest statement...

You are never going to make everyone happy... Some people are caught up on district championships, some get caught up in wins, others statistics. So on, so on.

Here's IMO what people don't understand.

Making the playoffs is rather easy taking 4 teams.
If talent was so good, you will win regardless of coaching.
People just gripe to gripe
All of our coaches in the district aren't the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Same issues we have in Port Neches-Groves.
Some people are fine with mediocrity, others are not.
It's a dog eat dog world, and it shows up daily.

If a Vince Young is walking around your halls, it doesn't matter if Jimmy Fallon is coaching the team, they are going to win...

I agree Central has talent, but I'm not quite sure it's at the level some may think..
With the days of football camps, etc, if little Johnny runs a 4.4, he's a 4 star kid..
That doesn't make you a winner..
Look at the University of Texas, full of 5 star kids... Can't win a game worth winning to save their souls..

If a special player runs through a school, your going to go deep in the playoffs regardless.
Example: Jonathon Gray... Cedric Benson... Vince Young...

Nobody around here has a staff that is perfect.... Nederland is by far the best in our district. But they have been together a long time..

Same thing with PN-G... BF doesn't have an assistant that started with him.. I think that hurts us every year. But the flip side is if we crap can him. Then we are back to square A.. I definitely don't think there's a bunch of Art Briles types lined up to take his job. It's a catch 22 deal... I've watched Central and Ozen for years. I think they could use better decision making sometimes... But trust me, in the big scheme of things, every team in the district could...

That star kid theory worked well for FB Marshall last night. JS

Some people on here are satisfied with the subpar coaching in Beaumont. That's the only way their teams are able to be competitive with the Beaumont schools. Fact is Flannigan was fired for losing, Suggs was fired for losing, and Foreman was an unproven head coach with no prior experience running a program. All of those coaches got hired in Beaumont. Its time we call the AD's ass to the carpet for making these types of hires. Smdh... Just cause I don't coach doesn't mean I can't tell if a guy is good at it or not. Some of us don't coach cause it would mean taking a pay cut! The coaching in Beaumont is suspect at best.

Suggs left for a higher classification.

I disagree about the Special Player. Best player doesnt always win. Best O Line and D Lines do.
Grey had a great line. Benson had some hogs up front at Lee. VY and Madison made a nice run, but eventually lost to a team with a better Line.
Who's Katys special players? Pearland? The Lines. Name the star for Cedar Park couple years ago? OLine.
I contend that given a dominant OLine Central and Ozen could be perennial state powers with the other talent they have. A lot of time spent grooming those DBs and WRs, but not enough on the big heavies.

I disagree about the Special Player. Best player doesnt always win. Best O Line and D Lines do.
Grey had a great line. Benson had some hogs up front at Lee. VY and Madison made a nice run, but eventually lost to a team with a better Line.
Who's Katys special players? Pearland? The Lines. Name the star for Cedar Park couple years ago? OLine.
I contend that given a dominant OLine Central and Ozen could be perennial state powers with the other talent they have. A lot of time spent grooming those DBs and WRs, but not enough on the big heavies.

I can promise you a great QB is a common denominator on all state championship teams as well.

i.e. Allen

I can promise you a great QB is a common denominator on all state championship teams as well.

i.e. Allen

Sometimes yes. But a great OLine can make a good QB look great. Not sure I'd say the opposite is true. Name the QB from CP or Midland Lee or Pearland. Outside of Dalton who has been the great QB on all those Katy teams. I'd say Bishop was a good QB with a great line at Aledo.