Manvel 45 Beaumont West Brook 22/Final

WOSgrad

I don't get a vote for the Willie Ray Award, but the WB RB is the frontrunner in my book. He doesn't have the threat of a dual back system. He is there by himself against a stacked line & still produces. He gave Mighty Manvel trouble.  How this kid doesn't have the UT's, Oregon's, A&M's etc..  beating down his door also is pure Bull_______.  Most of these scouting services are a Joke. I'll leave it at that because some read this and take offense. If you do get offended, I aint hard to find. ;) 

He is an impressive young man and to lead that district in rushing, WOW!  I know colleges are hesitant because he doesn't have the prototypical size of a college RB but neither did Warrick Dunn and many others.  If I was a college coach, I'd snatch this kid up and then figure out what to do with him. 

To further make my point, Warrick Dunn, who played at Catholic High in Baton Rouge, did not receive many offers as a RB.  Even LSU would only offer him as a DB, which is why he did not go to LSU.  FSU offered him as a RB, and as they say... The rest is history.  Dunn was the first RB drafted in the 1st round in 1997.  A lot of colleges felt pretty silly for not offering him as a RB, especially LSU.

Tell your son keep working and keep believing.  All he needs is one school to believe in him and I feel certain that is going to happen.

@AthleticSupporter - Jock, Point Well Taken!!! :) I am just lost when they talk about size like 6 ft or 6'2 is your prototypical back and when I look at durability it is the short compact backs that last the longest! My boy stood on side of Malcolm Brown at a Texas Junior Day Invite last year and I was totally blown away with how close they where in height and in size. The all time leading rusher stands about 5'9 and I know this to be true because I met Michael Irvin once and he was literally a half of an inch taller than me and I am 6'1. When you looked on the field at those 2 together "The Playmaker" make Emmitt look like "Minnie Me" on TV. I guess what I am trying to say is there are not a lot of Adrian Petersons out there but more of the Darrin Sproles, Warrick Dunn's, Ray Rice's, MJD's, and Christian Michaels in the league. And I have picture's in my phone of C Mike this past offseason in Walmart taking a picture with my youngest child and he was not that much taller than my baby boy. Demarcus is still taller than man youngest. Thanks for the compliments and knowledge!!! :D