Katy vs Manvel Updates

BADSANTA

Katy just wears you down, Anderson is a heck of a player.

Yes they do wear you down and out. Katy's OL is dominant.  LT is 6'5" 285 lbs, RG 6'4" 300 lbs., RT 6'4" 250 lbs., and they bring in 2 TEs in the 6'2" 220-230 lbs. range.  They aren't doing it with 5'10" and 190 lbs. kids in the trenches.  They have size and they use it.  They line up and knock you off the ball. The QB looks to be the smallest kid on the field.  They must dress 100 kids. On defense, they have DL kids all in the 250 lbs. range and LBs in the 210-220 lbs. neighborhood.  They tackle well.  Katy coaches do a good job of coaching them up and turning them loose.  Rodney Anderson is a smooth RB...he can take a hit, bounce off, and glide into the end zone.

Yes they do wear you down and out. Katy's OL is dominant.  LT is 6'5" 285 lbs, RG 6'4" 300 lbs., RT 6'4" 250 lbs., and they bring in 2 TEs in the 6'2" 220-230 lbs. range.  They aren't doing it with 5'10" and 190 lbs. kids in the trenches.  They have size and they use it.  They line up and knock you off the ball. The QB looks to be the smallest kid on the field.  They must dress 100 kids. On defense, they have DL kids all in the 250 lbs. range and LBs in the 210-220 lbs. neighborhood.  They tackle well.  Katy coaches do a good job of coaching them up and turning them loose.  Rodney Anderson is a smooth RB...he can take a hit, bounce off, and glide into the end zone.

And their base offense is the I formation.... Line it up and ram it down your throat, love it..... Been running the same offense for 30 years, have just evolved to a spread look in certain situations

Guest ECBucFan

Went to the game last night, my thoughts:

Glad to see the game at NRG stadium, but NRG let the fans down. They only opened the ticket booth on one side of the stadium. We parked and had to walk all the way around, then saw insanely long lines (150-200 ft long). Waited over half hour to buy $15 tickets, lines grew even longer after I left. I thought I had arrived "early" but was finally seated mid 1st quarter. Some fans were still being seated at halftime! NRG confined everyone to first level, so many had to sit in end zones areas. NRG could have done better!  

Regarding the game, well, Katy simply lined up and pulverized Manvel. Manvel was lucky to even be in the game at halftime. Twice Katy had stopped Manvel drives on 4th down, but both times the refs flagged pass interference. First one was a 50/50 "jump ball" that both players went after equally, and the second one the receiver and defender got their feet equally tangled up. IMO, neither deserved a flag, but both sustained Manvel scoring drives. 

Through the rest of the game Katy dominated. Ironically Manvels most effective offense was when their QB could not find an open receiver and took off. He was very elusive in the open field. Katy was pretty much flawless. The O line blew gaping holes for their RB to blaze through. He hit full speed mostly before encountering Manvel LB's. Katys D was well disciplined, they contained, never biting on anything.

It was not a bad game to watch, but I had hoped Manvel would have been more competitive. I had thought Manvel had a real chance at State, but Katy was way too much. 

Went to the game last night, my thoughts:

Glad to see the game at NRG stadium, but NRG let the fans down. They only opened the ticket booth on one side of the stadium. We parked and had to walk all the way around, then saw insanely long lines (150-200 ft long). Waited over half hour to buy $15 tickets, lines grew even longer after I left. I thought I had arrived "early" but was finally seated mid 1st quarter. Some fans were still being seated at halftime! NRG confined everyone to first level, so many had to sit in end zones areas. NRG could have done better!

Regarding the game, well, Katy simply lined up and pulverized Manvel. Manvel was lucky to even be in the game at halftime. Twice Katy had stopped Manvel drives on 4th down, but both times the refs flagged pass interference. First one was a 50/50 "jump ball" that both players went after equally, and the second one the receiver and defender got their feet equally tangled up. IMO, neither deserved a flag, but both sustained Manvel scoring drives.

Through the rest of the game Katy dominated. Ironically Manvels most effective offense was when their QB could not find an open receiver and took off. He was very elusive in the open field. Katy was pretty much flawless. The O line blew gaping holes for their RB to blaze through. He hit full speed mostly before encountering Manvel LB's. Katys D was well disciplined, they contained, never biting on anything.

It was not a bad game to watch, but I had hoped Manvel would have been more competitive. I had thought Manvel had a real chance at State, but Katy was way too much.

Have you ever been a coach at any level?
Just curious

Guest ECBucFan

LOL, did I say something wrong? I didn't mean to if I did, LOL!

To answer the question, no I am not a coach. I have loved HS football since I played many years ago. I guess the passion and excitement of HS ball never dies once it gets in your blood. I love attending playoff games and State Championship games whenever I can. Nothing better than Texas HS Football!  :) 

LOL, did I say something wrong? I didn't mean to if I did, LOL!

To answer the question, no I am not a coach. I have loved HS football since I played many years ago. I guess the passion and excitement of HS ball never dies once it gets in your blood. I love attending playoff games and State Championship games whenever I can. Nothing better than Texas HS Football!  :)

I think he meant your football knowlege. Compliment I believe.

Guest ECBucFan

Oh I know, I was just joking, I put in two LOL's.

I really appreciate Stings inference about my football knowledge. I hope I do provide some realistic and accurate insight whenever I post here. Yes, I did indeed take it as a compliment! Thank you Sting. :)

Oh I know, I was just joking, I put in two LOL's.

I really appreciate Stings inference about my football knowledge. I hope I do provide some realistic and accurate insight whenever I post here. Yes, I did indeed take it as a compliment! Thank you Sting. :)

I'll continue in the compliment adage but my inference was more based on the terminology and verbiage I typically see from you BucFan. You type/write like a person with coaching experience. Good stuff. It takes one to know one though.

I've got my hotel booked for Arlington to see Katy get another ring. Oh & Newton / WOS of course