Baseball Class

Ty Cobb

I'm curious to see how many schools have a baseball class.  I think teams that have this luxury have a huge advantage.  Espically at the beginning of the year.  You can get all the teaching done before the season begins and go right into practice.  Please put the name of the school and the district that the school is in. 

Guest OHS_1994

I know OF doesn’t....... >:( >:( >:(

It seems that every team in our district does but us.....And people wonder why we have only made the playoffs once in the last 5 years when we had went 14 straight years before then. Other schools are catching up with the times while we are still in the past.

It is really sad when you have a basketball period and a football period but baseball kids have to practice football everyday. 

But never the less I will always pull for the cats!!!!! Just wish Baseball had a little more support

Guest Orangeboy

I know OF doesn’t....... >:( >:( >:(

It seems that every team in our district does but us.....And people wonder why we have only made the playoffs once in the last 5 years when we had went 14 straight years before then. Other schools are catching up with the times while we are still in the past.

It is really sad when you have a basketball period and a football period but baseball kids have to practice football everyday. 

But never the less I will always pull for the cats!!!!! Just wish Baseball had a little more support

Sounds like OF and Silsbee might be the only ones without in the 3A district.

Guest OHS_1994

Well I know if a player really wants to be good then they will work on their own year around, but it would be nice to have a coach work with them every day.  I wouldn’t even mind if they would make a baseball class just for juniors and senior, (i have heard of that before). Partly due for freshman and soph. having so many electives they have to take. Silsbee and OF have a lot of talent and it is sad to see those kids somewhat deprived.

I know for sure that at LCM Griff gets to see his baseball boys year around, so when the season starts and the tryouts get there he knows what he has already. He basically has the lineup for his varsity team ready.  He has seen the kids everyday. I know some kids might not be in baseball class but he still sees the majority.  That helps the coaches know what they are going to need to work on before the season starts, and it lets the players know what they need to work on for the tryout.  So even if they have a bad couple of days of tryouts, the coaches know what he can do from having him all year in baseball class, because we all know that some kids can have bad days.

Could you even imagine a football coach not getting to coach his players during the off-season? That is a major step in your program for crying out loud.  The off-season is everything, that is were players get bigger faster stronger.  People say well there is no comparison between football and baseball, and yes I played both and love both.  And I also know that football pulls in more fans and more money.....................But what about the kids that like baseball, or the kids that do not play football that are forced to go to athletics every day and work on football.  It will never happen at some schools though because they are scared that if a player gets in baseball class they might not play football :o :o :o and heaven forbid a young adult make a decision not to play a sport that is King in Texas.

How many of those kids at Orangefield play football too? Plus I think Orangefield only has one athletic period this year, 5th period.  If a kid plays football as well as baseball, they will be in the football period. That is what takes place at 99% of schools around here, not just Orangefield.

How many of those kids at Orangefield play football too? Plus I think Orangefield only has one athletic period this year, 5th period.  If a kid plays football as well as baseball, they will be in the football period. That is what takes place at 99% of schools around here, not just Orangefield.

That's all accurate.  However, we may see student numbers increase over the next few years when the Housing Authority gets the housing complex that's planned for Tulane Road completed.  Not that it will benefit any of the kids presently enrolled in school. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    PressBox Stats
    Newest Member
    PressBox Stats