Polio, Measles, Smallpox - Why Are Conservatives Anti Vaccination??

EnlightenedMessiah

I'm a conservative but I'm not anti-vaccination......I am against forcing someone to get a vaccination if it's their choice not to.......I had all the vaccinations.....my kids had all their vaccinations....it is not my right nor is it the government's right to force vaccinations upon those who choose not to be vaccinated.....

I never asserted that "most" conservatives oppose vaccination. My belief is that the majority of people who do oppose vaccination happen to be conservative and fit into the "I don't need gubment telling me what to do" crowd.

"A lot of conservatives" does not constitute most conservatives. Most conservatives I know think the anti-vaccination thing is ludicrous. Your assertion that conservatives generally oppose vaccinations isn't well founded,.

I never asserted that "most" conservatives oppose vaccination. My belief is that the majority of people who do oppose vaccination happen to be conservative and fit into the "I don't need gubment telling me what to do" crowd.

The title of this thread, which you started, is "Polio, Measles, Smallpox - Why Are Conservatives Anti Vaccination??". You did not add any quantifying descriptor which would indicate that you were referencing a limited number of conservatives, you simply referenced "conservatives" in general. In a case where the portion of a group you reference isn't specified, the implication is that you are referencing all of that group, or at least most of it. The implication is not that all of the people you wish to discuss happen to fall within the group you reference.

The implication that the majority (>50%) was definitely not there considering the country wide vaccination rates are pretty high.. Unless you believe liberals are 75% of the population.

I typically like debating with you because you challenge me.....

Don't ruin that by having grammar wars with folks over content.......

No matter how you worded it, the implication was there.

• 2 weeks later...