PNG

What's happening to Png? They have alot of talent in that senior bunch. What happen to Bryce Burnett didn't he play last year. Also did bucahan play Friday night Did not read about him in the paper. I still would not count PNG out just yet. These kids are capable of playing good ball. just can't figure this one out?

i was at PN-G's game against Ozen and all I can say is that either the Soph pitcher that Ozen threw is really good and kept the NDNS off balance or the NDNS are just not that strong as people may think. Honestly, i think it was a combination of both. The NDNS were have been consistantly making too many routine errors. Stone has a heck of a young group of players that he may have to start playing if his seniors don't start producing

First, the soph pitcher from Ozen (Josh Gardiner) is one heckuva pitcher (whether he be soph or sr.). He also threw 4 shutout innings against West Brook at start of the season. What he may lack in top end velocity, he makes up by 'pitching' and keeping hitters off balance. There is no shame in PNG (or anyone else) not being able to hit Gardiner.

Second, and with respect to PNG, I don't think Coach Stone is at the point of 'playing the youngsters'. He still is a prohibitive favorite to make the playoffs (even if it is as the 3rd place team) but he has the pitching to make a run through 3-game series. The staff of Harwood, Mire, Powell (if healthy) and McInnis is very good.

Third, they simply are not hitting the baseball against anybody. And, fourth, they play terrible defense. They are weak up the middle and miss Buchanan's leadership (he did play during Spring Break but is out for an indefinite period thereafter). The youngsters are good -- the Carnahan kid has done wonderfully behine the dish for Buchanan and Harrington has been 'Mr. Utility' for the Indians.

Do I still think this is a playoff team? Yes. Are they going to be as good as I thought? Maybe not...I would guess (and that's all it is) that the PNG problems are more 'off the field' than 'on the field'...time will tell.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    janaxad4
    Newest Member
    janaxad4