Fort Bend Ridge Point 2 Port Neches-Groves 0(Gm 2)/Ridge Point wins series 2-0

If any PNG fan blames the ump stop. Was he the best? No but he was consistent on what he called a ball and a strike. When that happens it becomes a hitters job to make the adjustment. PNG had 3 hits game 1 and 1 in game 2 after 26 combined last Friday and Saturday

Ump was inconsistent for both sides, same guy from PNG CROSBY last year, he was worse then. RP is a very sound team from what I saw in the second game. They can hit, bunt, run the bases, pitch, and play good defense. Think I heard their coach say he started 9 seniors. PNG will be pretty good next year, lot to look forward to

If any PNG fan blames the ump stop. Was he the best? No but he was consistent on what he called a ball and a strike. When that happens it becomes a hitters job to make the adjustment. PNG had 3 hits game 1 and 1 in game 2 after 26 combined last Friday and Saturday

The ump was pitiful - yes for both sides. I know the ump didn't do a SORRY on purpose.

BUT how do you get to a 2nd round HS game with as poor a quality as him?????

Looked like PeeWee dad calling the game

IMO

He was bad for both sides. When a PNG fanned screamed all game 2 and in the sixth inning screamed "be consistent" to the ump there's the proof. The ump was consistent the whole game, even if it was consistently bad. If an ump is calling a ball a strike in the first inning and still in the seventh but your teams batters are still striking out looking, it's not all on the ump.

Wasn't at the game, but i was told umps are taught to call two balls outside of plate and one inside of plate for strike zone. As a player, you have to adjust. PNG is super young and will bounce back next year.

where did you get that information about the strike zone?