Jameis Protege`??

That would be a crying shame. He knocked the crap out of her. He should be charged with assault. Does not matter what she said.

​she also kneed him then threw a punch in the video. I guess that doesn't matter either. Like I stated previously he'll get off and she wont get charged for anything. 

He'll walk away next time though cause whoever he plays for next gonna have him on a one strike policy. 

​she also kneed him then threw a punch in the video. I guess that doesn't matter either. Like I stated previously he'll get off and she wont get charged for anything. 

He'll walk away next time though cause whoever he plays for next gonna have him on a one strike policy. 

It's a girl. He's an athlete. Man the **** up. You don't hit a woman. 

It's a girl. He's an athlete. Man the **** up. You don't hit a woman. 

​go into court with that you might get laughed at after the judge watches the video. 

Easy to say walk away just watching video footage, he could have, AND she could have. Place yourself there and include heat of the moment: what would YOU do?  As far as myself I have no clue on it. 

This case kind of fascinates me.  If there it were two guys, my guess is that we would all be saying it is a clear case of self-defense - the one dude started it and the other dude finished it.  But we don't have two guys and, like it or not, we do have a double standard in this country.  

A prime example is the student-teacher sexual relationships.  When it is a male teacher, society wants that predator behind bars.  When it's a female (especially when she's hot), we say "lucky kid."  Maybe that's just the reality of the differences between the male and female but it is a double standard.  

With regard to this case, the law really doesn't make a gender distinction in self-defense   The rule generally is (at least in Texas) that you can't use greater force than is necessary to defend oneself.  This typically is the old "you don't bring a gun to a fist fight."  Or, you stop hitting the guy when you've ended the threat (I.e., you don't keep pounding him until he's dead or comatose).  Maybe the argument is that hitting a woman is always greater force than is necessary.   And if I'm the prosecutor, I argue no force is necessary.   You turn around and walk away.  To be sure, this is a valid argument to me.  Again though, if it were two guys, most juries have no problem with a guy returning a punch when he's been struck.

For what it's worth, I come from the same school as GCMPats and baddog.  I was raised that you never, ever, under any circumstances place your hands on a woman.  I had a sister that took full advantage of this and would lay into me whenever she was mad, knowing full well I would never retaliate.  In retrospect, it was a great test for me because I doubt I will ever have a greater urge than those formative years when I was having to play duck and run with her.   

I wouldn't incarcerate Johnson but he could use a healthy dose of probation and anger management.  Expelling him from school seems kind of harsh.  I wonder how many students at FSU were allowed to finish their education after an intoxication assault or even an intoxication manslaughter...

​go into court with that you might get laughed at after the judge watches the video. 

Easy to say walk away just watching video footage, he could have, AND she could have. Place yourself there and include heat of the moment: what would YOU do?  As far as myself I have no clue on it. 

I would walk away 100% of the time. Guaranteed. 

People could laugh all they want. They do not set my moral compass. 

​no one is saying it is right, and I bet if you ask that young man's mother she'll tell you he was raised the same way. What do you mean by whats in bold? 

Some women know how to push buttons and really lure a man into hitting her, and as difficult as it is, he still has to walk away. I see what you are saying about heat of the moment. It is tough and I can't stand to be around a drunk woman......however, one must simply leave.

I think everyone agrees that men shouldn't beat women, but the double standard is there.  Women shouldn't have a free shot at men either.  This points to a larger problem as well on college campuses and that is binge drinking.  That female in the video is obviously drunk out of her mind (I thought I read where she was a freshman also but could be wrong).  But the young man is 19 and shouldn't be in a bar drinking.  So either he had a fake ID or the bar didn't do their job.  Personally, I will let all of the facts come out on the entire night before I judge the situation.