Question..

king

I know a couple of vocal Aggies on this site who are "tee shirt fans."  But it's apparently only a bad thing when it involves UT.  Can't tell you the number of times I have been asked if I "actually went to UT."  I usually just apologize to the gomer that I got in and he didn't.  

I don't think it matters if you went to school there.  As long as you're a fan of them and don't jump on a bandwagon when they suck.

You can call out Buddy by name with his 9 favorite college teams that he all refers to as "we."  It's ok, I don't think he minds. 

I agree with you that it doesn't matter if you went there as long as you stay consistent.  You've never wavered from Miami and support them in all sports.  A few years ago during Texas's first terrible year, this place was a ghost town.  It's easy for t-shirt fans to be quite when their team sucks.  It's a little different if you actually attended the school and are invested in that school and program. The t-shirt fan thing for Texas is mainly due to their arrogance as suggested in the article above.  

You can call out Buddy by name with his 9 favorite college teams that he all refers to as "we."  It's ok, I don't think he minds. 

I agree with you that it doesn't matter if you went there as long as you stay consistent.  You've never wavered from Miami and support them in all sports.  A few years ago during Texas's first terrible year, this place was a ghost town.  It's easy for t-shirt fans to be quite when there team sucks.  It's a little different if you actually attended the school and are invested in that school and program. The t-shirt fan thing for Texas is mainly due to their arrogance as suggested in the article above.  

Arrogance = know what it's like to win a championship and be relevant in the last decade.  Got it. 

(Cue the "we finished in the top 5 3 years ago" - which is apparently acceptable but a championship in the last 10 years isn't.)  Pee pee envy is one of aggy's greatest traditions...

Arrogance = know what it's like to win a championship and be relevant in the last decade.  Got it. 

(Cue the "we finished in the top 5 3 years ago" - which is apparently acceptable but a championship in the last 10 years isn't.)  Pee pee envy is one of aggy's greatest traditions...

3 conference championships in 20 years is a great reason to be arrogant I guess.  At least Texas makes more money than every school on the planet even though they operate in the red and don't win much.  I just figured the richest school in the country would have a little higher expectations.   

I am hearing that Joe Jamail is not renewing his suite at DKR this season.  Any truth to that?  That hurts if you are losing one of the schools biggest donors.  Maybe he has higher expectations than the rest of you.  

Arkansas - childhood football team

Kentucky - childhood bball team

Texas - fav school in Tx

Oregon - lived on the West Coast for years, been a fan. 

Root for all 4 schools in every sport. 

Like I say every year specifically to you Mack: "I have to say this every year" smh

3 conference championships in 20 years is a great reason to be arrogant I guess.  At least Texas makes more money than every school on the planet even though they operate in the red and don't win much.  I just figured the richest school in the country would have a little higher expectations.   

I am hearing that Joe Jamail is not renewing his suite at DKR this season.  Any truth to that?  That hurts if you are losing one of the schools biggest donors.  Maybe he has higher expectations than the rest of you.  

Congrats on your thriftiness??

poor Aggy and poor Mack 

Born in Kansas, lived in Nebraska for a little bit when i was like 2 lol. Moved to Texas in 2nd grade. When I was old enough to watch football and understand I I began watching The Huskers run the option and smash people with the run game. Guess it didnt help I always played RB so it made me love them just that much more. Still die hard fan today and will always be.