Strong take on Everyone Gets A Trophy/Ribbon

@RapSheet: #Steelers LB James Harrison takes a strong stance against participation trophies for his sons. Interesting #Hottake

This is the hidden content, please

@espn: James Harrison returns his kids' participation trophies, wants them to "EARN a real trophy."

My take is simple. Throughout my coaching days in youth sports.... The we are all winners thing never works well towards winning. It does well for sportsmanship and building confidence in average athletes. The upper athletes are there to win and in their mind knows who the athletes are.... This world has become way to political involving athletics....

@RapSheet: #Steelers LB James Harrison takes a strong stance against participation trophies for his sons. Interesting #Hottake

@espn: James Harrison returns his kids' participation trophies, wants them to "EARN a real trophy."

I like it. A lot of kids now days don't know how to work for what they want. There are some that still work hard but  a lot depend on their parents to get them what they want. Throughout my many years of coaching I saw it way to much where the parent tried to suck up to a coach to get his son where he thought he should be are more playing time. I was taught that if you want to get better and play where you want to, then earn it. Work harder then the next person and prove  yourself.

Good.  Kids need to learn that life isn't fair. 

I high jumped in track in high school and lettered. Very little effort involved. We had a kid who run the mile and was dedicated and missed out in the district and did not get enough points to qualify for a letter.  I told the track coach to give him my letter. The track coach said that was not necessary, he will be given a letter. The letter was for participating. That kid gave his all and he earned that letter for participating.