San AntonIo Players target Ref

CougarCal

Not trying to defend or condone their actions just stating that you all crucified these kids not knowing the whole truth or facts, that makes you, and you know who you are, no better than the people that just want to be the first to tell the story without facts. Also, I'm glad to hear all of you are so strong willed and such bad a$$#$ that in that situation would do the right thing and ignore the order. Well guess what, not every KID is as fortunate as you to have that mindset.  For some KIDS the way of life is to trust and adhere what an adult tells them. Yes, the game of football for 100 years has been violent, but the x factor is the camera. They did wrong, accept their fate, but it should not ruin their lives. If that were your kid and you were in the stands and that occurred knowing that "little Johnnie" is an all A student that is not a Thug how would you react or try and defend his actions? I know the bad a$$3$ gonna say well I'd jerk him off that field and dadadada to him. Well then you're a fool and you've just engrossed yourself in the heat of the moment as well..Suspend them, alternative school for three days, maybe some charity work, but assault charges, c'mon that's just wrong. 

Not trying to defend or condone their actions just stating that you all crucified these kids not knowing the whole truth or facts, that makes you, and you know who you are, no better than the people that just want to be the first to tell the story without facts. Also, I'm glad to hear all of you are so strong willed and such bad a$$#$ that in that situation would do the right thing and ignore the order. Well guess what, not every KID is as fortunate as you to have that mindset.  For some KIDS the way of life is to trust and adhere what an adult tells them. Yes, the game of football for 100 years has been violent, but the x factor is the camera. They did wrong, accept their fate, but it should not ruin their lives. If that were your kid and you were in the stands and that occurred knowing that "little Johnnie" is an all A student that is not a Thug how would you react or try and defend his actions? I know the bad a$$3$ gonna say well I'd jerk him off that field and dadadada to him. Well then you're a fool and you've just engrossed yourself in the heat of the moment as well..Suspend them, alternative school for three days, maybe some charity work, but assault charges, c'mon that's just wrong. 

I do not need to know ANY of the facts. There is no reason, excuse, dilemma, or dual morality in which a student-athlete should EVER attack an official. EVER!

Actually in legal terms it was assault and battery since assault does not require physical contact. If they did not want to have the stigma that is associated with that crime, then they should have not attacked an individual with the INTENT of causing harm.

No. If "Little Johnnie" attacks an official, he's a thug. 

Not trying to defend or condone their actions just stating that you all crucified these kids not knowing the whole truth or facts, that makes you, and yo. know who you are, no better than the people that just want to be the first to tell the story without facts. Also, I'm glad to hear all of you are so strong willed and such bad a$$#$ that in that situation would do the right thing and ignore the order. Well guess what, not every KID is as fortunate as you to have that mindset.  For some KIDS the way of life is to trust and adhere what an adult tells them. Yes, the game of football for 100 years has been violent, but the x factor is the camera. They did wrong, accept their fate, but it should not ruin their lives. If that were your kid and you were in the stands and that occurred knowing that "little Johnnie" is an all A student that is not a Thug how would you react or try and defend his actions? I know the bad a$$3$ gonna say well I'd jerk him off that field and dadadada to him. Well then you're a fool and you've just engrossed yourself in the heat of the moment as well..Suspend them, alternative school for three days, maybe some charity work, but assault charges, c'mon that's just wrong. 

I dont know that they are or thug, or a A student. In all their actions was wrong, even if a coach told them to do so. So are you saying if your kid was in my care, and I told him to steal it's OK by you. Destroy the kids lives no, but they were wrong. As far as the coach if proven true, should no longer be a coach in my opinion.

Even Hollywood gets it:

This is the hidden content, please
: I don't understand... Colonel Jessup said he ordered the Code Red. 
: I know but... 
: Colonel Jessup said he ordered the Code Red! What did we do wrong? 
: It's not that simple... 
: What did we do wrong? We did nothing wrong! 
: Yeah we did. We were supposed to fight for people who couldn't fight for themselves. We were supposed to fight for Willy. 

"A Few Good Men"

I do not need to know ANY of the facts. There is no reason, excuse, dilemma, or dual morality in which a student-athlete should EVER attack an official. EVER!

Actually in legal terms it was assault and battery since assault does not require physical contact. If they did not want to have the stigma that is associated with that crime, then they should have not attacked an individual with the INTENT of causing harm.

No. If "Little Johnnie" attacks an official, he's a thug. 

Where's all the other hate mongers that started the 7 pages calling for these kids heads? They're gone because perhaps their eyes have seen the light, that though they were in the wrong what they did, their are underlying facts and issues that caused this. IMO it's not all on the kids, granted a large portion is, but in this country we choose to rehabilitate and are an extremely forgiving country. So let it go, they've served their punishment, I can guarantee you that by their reactions this may haunt them the rest of their lives. That's imprisonment in itself..

Where's all the other hate mongers that started the 7 pages calling for these kids heads? They're gone because perhaps their eyes have seen the light, that though they were in the wrong what they did, their are underlying facts and issues that caused this. IMO it's not all on the kids, granted a large portion is, but in this country we choose to rehabilitate and are an extremely forgiving country. So let it go, they've served their punishment, I can guarantee you that by their reactions this may haunt them the rest of their lives. That's imprisonment in itself..

Last word

Where's all the other hate mongers that started the 7 pages calling for these kids heads? 

Many are gone because like me they are tired of the attention these kids are getting - not matter how you want to "justify" this there are NO underlying facts or issues that in any way justify this and if they step on he field again this year you just gave them a pass and in a way condoned what they did.

Your all wrong so go back to being pathetic liberal democrats, bye. Last word!!

How is a call for law and order being liberal?  What you are now suggesting is like saying that the guy who does a murder for hire should be exonerated because someone else came up with the idea and approached him about it.  It doesn't happen that way.  They are just as guilty of assault whether they came up with the idea on their own or whether a coach came up with the idea. 

For a self professed conservative, you sure have settled yourself into the hallmark of libtardism!

Even Hollywood gets it:

: I don't understand... Colonel Jessup said he ordered the Code Red. 
: I know but... 
: Colonel Jessup said he ordered the Code Red! What did we do wrong? 
: It's not that simple... 
: What did we do wrong? We did nothing wrong! 
: Yeah we did. We were supposed to fight for people who couldn't fight for themselves. We were supposed to fight for Willy. 

"A Few Good Men"

I said a code red was ordered earlier in this thread..........

The players for San Antonio Jay High School who were suspended following the horrific incident in which a referee was blatantly attacked have now spoken out on the issue, stating that the official made racist remarks directed at players. They also included that their coach was the one who initiated the attack, by stating "...you need to hit him."

What do you guys think? Honestly, it sounds kind of bogus to me. Sounds like two kids trying to cover up the fact that they made a stupid mistake. 

The players for San Antonio Jay High School who were suspended following the horrific incident in which a referee was blatantly attacked have now spoken out on the issue, stating that the official made racist remarks directed at players. They also included that their coach was the one who initiated the attack, by stating "...you need to hit him."

What do you guys think? Honestly, it sounds kind of bogus to me. Sounds like two kids trying to cover up the fact that they made a stupid mistake. 

It sounds like, blame the other guy. 

Their stories in my opinion show that they are outright lying. The farther away from the incident a person is, the more he gets to make up "his story".

They started out by saying that they hit him out of anger over racial slurs. Then the coach is claimed to have ordered a hit. Wait, did the coach get offended by someone else hearing a slur and it was reported to him so he told them what to do? I thought the coach was angry over two other players being ejected the play before.

Exactly

Really enough is enough and I know all I need to know . It's just like it should be ! I am not tainted by knowing their race , name , in fact even their gender but I saw what I saw !!!!  Was it worth it people , this warped code of honor " yeah but but he dissed us" ??  Go directly to jail , do not pass go . I know someone in your life has told you there are consequences / penalties now its time to reinforce the idea . Yeah it's hard but that's the sentence you gave someone else , fortunately. You were no better at that than your play in the game . Man what could have happened if you spent the same effort on the game ?

-------------------------------------------

Nothing changed except they themselves said they should have been smarter than that ! Now they are also living a lie to justify their actions. Man up - you danced the dance pay the piper. Or I did the crime I'll do the time . Was it worth it - they'll have to decide . They may also have to pay  when the man is done with them ! 

Edited by Olddog
Auto correct