Hamburger Depot-SETXsports HS Sports Show/TONIGHT 6pm

AggiesAreWe

WOS defensive dominance year end and year out.  

Why don't more schools with numerous skilled athletes, like Silsbee, spend more time on defensive preparation and scheming to be a dominant program?

Due to an absurd amount of programs total disregard for defense in favor of offensive production, schools with an abundance of offensive firepower every year should invest heavily early on (Freshman & JV) in defensive skills, (I.e, tackling, blitzing, coverage reading, etc.)

As WOS defense goes, so goes the offense.  

I leave it to the experts.

Would still love some opinions on this question since the broadcast was cut short.

Not trying to start a debate, just some insight for a football fan.

I have made remarks on this in the past.  It seems more effective in high school to have a stronger defense than even at other levels.  It even seems like  you should maybe load your defense with the majority of your better athletes/players.  Sure you need a good qb and a skill person at two but if that defense is really strong and limits scoring to say a couple of scores,  you have a great chance especially at this level to win at a high percentage.   Sure that's the case at higher levels as well but it's not as easy when the numbers of athletes per team is a lot more balanced.