Beaumont Central 43 Beaumont Ozen 27/Final

WOSgrad

So that run when he cut upfield and ran through and dragged an Ozen player 20 yards with him wasn't impressive?  What about the play where 're ran oven an Ozen player and almost stepped on his chest while running by?  Isn't that what Big backs supposed to do?  Looked impressive to me.

Good post, Central had the right game plan ,stack the box to stop the run,Ozen should have countered by throwing the ball which they did in the second half.this would have opened the run game.two blocked punts for scores,and a  60 yard called back TD don't help.As far as running backs it was no secret Whaley is a power back that powered his way through defenders to score Lil C is elusive but with 9 in the box to stop him you should have passed from go to open up the run game. Congratulations Central on the win ,good luck Ozen with the remaining games still have a shot to make playoffs.

Good post, Central had the right game plan ,stack the box to stop the run,Ozen should have countered by throwing the ball which they did in the second half.this would have opened the run game.two blocked punts for scores,and a  60 yard called back TD don't help.As far as running backs it was no secret Whaley is a power back that powered his way through defenders to score Lil C is elusive but with 9 in the box to stop him you should have passed from go to open up the run game. Congratulations Central on the win ,good luck Ozen with the remaining games still have a shot to make playoffs.

I don't know why Ozen went away from the quick swing pass.  it was working and getting them 10 yards a pop...

So that run when he cut upfield and ran through and dragged an Ozen player 20 yards with him wasn't impressive?  What about the play where 're ran oven an Ozen player and almost stepped on his chest while running by?  Isn't that what Big backs supposed to do?  Looked impressive to me.

Soulja when you're the biggest player on the field going against the worst defense in the district whaley should've got about 300 yards last night he carried the ball 24 times for only a 137 yards with only one rush over twenty yards. All five of his TD came within 15 yards so no I wasn't impressed at all actually. Point is the five TD's don't really tell the whole story if you actually watched the game.

Soulja when you're the biggest player on the field going against the worst defense in the district whaley should've got about 300 yards last night he carried the ball 24 times for only a 137 yards with only one rush over twenty yards. All five of his TD came within 15 yards so no I wasn't impressed at all actually. Point is the five TD's don't really tell the whole story if you actually watched the game.

a Healthy whaley probably, not one that has a nagging knee issue. Thats why yall saw his backup playing. 

........Whaley WASN'T the biggest player on the field...  Smh

I disagree...outside of Whaley's size I really don't see what the big deal is about him honestly. 

His speed, his strength....  Come on, man!  And to say you played and know football?  Evidently, the umpteen college coaches that want him also don't see a big deal in him...  Your thought process baffles me sometimes....

His speed, his strength....  Come on, man!  And to say you played and know football?  Evidently, the umpteen college coaches that want him also don't see a big deal in him...  Your thought process baffles me sometimes....

It's because of his SIZE...you do know that players will get recruited off their size alone right? Maybe you would know that if you ever played sports lol It's more to play RB than just being big, Whaley doesn't have great vision and runs VERY high won't work against a good defense especially a defense with players his size or bigger. (Ex: Westbrook) I do hear that Whaley is really fast however the times I've watched him play I didn't see any elite speed from him. 

The 2 things that you said are the 2 things that everyone knows is a couple of his cons, as all players have cons.  But the pros far exceeds those though.  Vision and running low will be the focal points for college coaches, something that's easily fixed.  Heck, one of his other issues that plagued him up untill this year was fixed and the Central coaching staff done that...  His prone to fumble and hold the football like a loaf of bread.  But his speed has always been amongst the fastest on the team.  He's very strong and obviously very athletic as seen on the track and field meets ...  Or when he leaped and cleared a Nederland player last week.  

Players dont get recruited only because of speed.  There needs to bring something else to the table... That's why Tyler's isn't sought after yet.  He's just a typical fast scat back.  Those come a dime a dozen...  Almost every medeicre team in the state has one of those...  You're right, never played football at this level, but have been around several, players and parent's players and know the process.  Honestly, I'm a part of the process now as I have a son that started playing high school football this year.  

Now that I think about it, you had some cons about your game when you were a senior during the recruitment process, one was your size, but you were still a decent player that got props even for me and got some pretty good offers...

Edited by BMTSoulja1

The 2 things that you said are the 2 things that everyone knows is a couple of his cons, as all players have cons.  But the pros far exceeds those though.  Vision and running low will be the focal points for college coaches, something that's easily fixed.  Heck, one of his other issues that plagued him up untill this year was fixed and the Central coaching staff done that...  His prone to fumble and hold the football like a loaf of bread.  But his speed has always been amongst the fastest on the team.  He's very strong and obviously very athletic as seen on the track and field meets ...  Or when he leaped and cleared a Nederland player last week.  

Players dont get recruited only because of speed.  There needs to bring something else to the table... That's why Tyler's isn't sought after yet.  He's just a typical fast scat back.  Those come a dime a dozen...  Almost every medeicre team in the state has one of those...  You're right, never played football at this level, but have been around several, players and parent's players and know the process.  Honestly, I'm a part of the process now as I have a son that started playing high school football this year.  

Now that I think about it, you had some cons about your game when you were a senior during the recruitment process, one was your size, but you were still a decent player that got props even for me and got some pretty good offers...

Soulja I've seen players that have never played a down a football get a scholarship in football just because of their speed. I've players get recruited solely on their size alone believe it or not it happens but Whaley is a solid back just not better than Lil C and the numbers back up my statements.

Soulja I've seen players that have never played a down a football get a scholarship in football just because of their speed. I've players get recruited solely on their size alone believe it or not it happens but Whaley is a solid back just not better than Lil C and the numbers back up my statements.

But during the game, Whaley and even a sophmore glayer had better numbers than Tyler.  Not taking anything from him, because that kid has wheels and had me nervous all night...

Edited by BMTSoulja1