Can The Bulldogs Pull It Off, Undefeated District Champs?

godawggo

crazy how things work,  More like 'user error '.

CC, hope that amateur fix works. 

Back on topic:   Yes the Bulldogs will go undefeated in Dist, and a mln of two games deep.  They have Black Water Hattie (Jim Stafford song for you young folks) brewing spells and doing incantations.  And Permian thinks Mojo is hot stuff, ha!

Here are truths..   up untill a couple of years ago, the only team keeping your district above water was Dayton.  

Vidor took you to the woodshed.  They aren't/wasn't known as a powerhouse

You are 0fer vs. Central

If you lose before making the title game, your season was a failure.

When your talent dries up again, your coach will take that next 6a job.  What will you do?

You struggled with Humble.

Crosby is 6-2 the last 10 years in bi-district against teams not named Dayton in the playoffs. True, Vidor probably had the best night in their program's at Crosby's expense. 2 more wins will make 40 in the last four years since that happened, that's second to none in this area for 5A.

Dayton holding the district above water? Crosby has the second most total wins, second most district wins, second most playoff wins and second highest winning percentage in all of SETX in 5A over the last decade. If we're below water then the putrid program that is Central needs mouth to mouth resuscitation. With the talent they have they are a true embarrassment to the Golden Triangle. There was that one game 11 years ago Central did beat Crosby in their only matchup in history. That put you in the same boat with Vidor this decade.

If we had talent when we had 1300 kids, we're going to have more now that we probably have close to 1600 kids. That less talent thing only applies to stagnant or declining enrollment like the majority of your district has. You're looking at the genesis of what Crosby's program is becoming, not the peak. Ask Dayton fans who went to the freshman game if Crosby's talent is "drying up".

We struggled with Humble? Crosby was up 33-10 with probably 5 mins left in the game, I wouldn't really say we struggled just because they got a couple of late TDs on the subs. Having several D1 players and being down 55-15 after three quarters to a team that only has one D1 player is struggling. That was by far the saddest performance I've seen any team ever have in a playoff game.

Crosby is 6-2 the last 10 years in bi-district against teams not named Dayton in the playoffs. True, Vidor probably had the best night in their program's at Crosby's expense. 2 more wins will make 40 in the last four years since that happened, that's second to none in this area for 5A.

Dayton holding the district above water? Crosby has the second most total wins, second most district wins, second most playoff wins and second highest winning percentage in all of SETX in 5A over the last decade. If we're below water then the putrid program that is Central needs mouth to mouth resuscitation. With the talent they have they are a true embarrassment to the Golden Triangle. There was that one game 11 years ago Central did beat Crosby in their only matchup in history. That put you in the same boat with Vidor this decade.

If we had talent when we had 1300 kids, we're going to have more now that we probably have close to 1600 kids. That less talent thing only applies to stagnant or declining enrollment like the majority of your district has. You're looking at the genesis of what Crosby's program is becoming, not the peak. Ask Dayton fans who went to the freshman game if Crosby's talent is "drying up".

We struggled with Humble? Crosby was up 33-10 with probably 5 mins left in the game, I wouldn't really say we struggled just because they got a couple of late TDs on the subs. Having several D1 players and being down 55-15 after three quarters to a team that only has one D1 player is struggling. That was by far the saddest performance I've seen any team ever have in a playoff game.

Oops! You are in the wrong thread too!

ouch! 

21386635efe26ef8d4bb38ffad0e504d.jpg

do-you-want-a-cookie-2.png

Dayton, glad you left Vidor out, although I think we could beat Porter. Only other would be Crosby, and winning just two games won't get you in the playoffs

stir the reaux

Well, as a sub-Vidor fan you should know all about winning 2 games. I hear they were taking up a collection to build a statue of Matthews in front of the Boneyard. Can you imagine what they would do if he actually had a winning record? Tells me Vidor fans have accepted the cellar.

Well, as a sub-Vidor fan you should know all about winning 2 games. I hear they were taking up a collection to build a statue of Matthews in front of the Boneyard. Can you imagine what they would do if he actually had a winning record? Tells me Vidor fans have accepted the cellar.

Wow 14.2, I'm disappointed in you. My post was just yanking your chain. Few folks get my age if they're dumb enough to think Vidor would beat Crosby (well, maybe).  But I've watched Vidor football longer than you've been alive, and I've seen a few Coaches there that make Matthews look like a genius.  And since Vidor's tax rolls doesn't include any refineries  or Chem plants, I doubt he gets a salary and perks comparable to most of SE Tx 5A Coaches.  But the man has class and IMO he teaches the kids how to better their lives.  Based on all that, if they decide to build a statue to him, I'll contribute.  And you might consider taking a supplement so you won't be so thin skinned. 

You know, the very funny thing about this thread is: Soulja indirectly defending his nemesis Nederland. Lmao!  Whew, it only took a week and a half to change that tune regarding Nederland. Well, not really after Sunday lol. 

LMBO!

We might fight among ourselves, but let an outsider start saying stuff...Soulja = First line of Defense!

Wow 14.2, I'm disappointed in you. My post was just yanking your chain. Few folks get my age if they're dumb enough to think Vidor would beat Crosby (well, maybe).  But I've watched Vidor football longer than you've been alive, and I've seen a few Coaches there that make Matthews look like a genius.  And since Vidor's tax rolls doesn't include any refineries  or Chem plants, I doubt he gets a salary and perks comparable to most of SE Tx 5A Coaches.  But the man has class and IMO he teaches the kids how to better their lives.  Based on all that, if they decide to build a statue to him, I'll contribute.  And you might consider taking a supplement so you won't be so thin skinned. 

I agree, the reason he's been around so long is that Matthews has earned the respect of his community. 

Damn straight!!!!!