Dayton @ New Caney Sat. Halloween night.

Octfeb

@Lufkin_Sports: It has been confirmed by the Lufkin ISD Athletic office that the Lufkin Corsicana game will be Saturday at 2pm.

Lets go if no rain. Only 1hr away from Porter. 

Might want to double check that 1 hour stuff. I have a lake house on Rayburn about 20 minutes from the Abe. It is a 1 hour 50 minute drive from my house in NC. I do not drive crazy, but maybe a little faster than the speed limit. It will take an hour and a half from the Abe to Texan Dr. stadium.

Weather said this morning. Looks like the rain may be out of here by the time trick or treaters go out on Sat. night. So hopefully the rain will be gone by 6. 

Rain would've helped Dayton in this game actually, it just would've been a battle of running games. Without the rain now Dayton will have to deal with Harvey and Segovia who are probably their two most explosive players.

Rain would've helped Dayton in this game actually, it just would've been a battle of running games. Without the rain now Dayton will have to deal with Harvey and Segovia who are probably their two most explosive players.

Considering this game is strictly for bragging rights I would prefer the rain clear out. You weren't very high on NC going into last Fridays game but sure have had a big change of heart. I personally didn't expect anything less than what I saw from them.

Edited by bronco pride

Considering this game is strictly for bragging rights I would prefer the rain clear out. You weren't very high on NC going inti last Fridays game but sure have had a big change of heart. I personally didn't expect anything less than what I saw from them.

Agreed, I just want both teams to come out of it injury free for the playoffs.

Considering this game is strictly for bragging rights I would prefer the rain clear out. You weren't very high on NC going into last Fridays game but sure have had a big change of heart. I personally didn't expect anything less than what I saw from them.

New Caney normally doesn't have any talent but with all the kids they got from St. Pius they can win some individual matchups this year, next year it will be the same New Caney moving forward. I thought Crosby did a poor job of covering the option play that gave Harvey so many easy catches by the boundary. We also committed three penalties when we were getting off of the field that allowed them to continue drives, take more time off of the clock and score touchdowns.

Crosby was up 7-0 when the snap went over the punter's head, Crosby almost tackles the guy while he's picking the ball back up but somehow he gets the kick off and we get a personal foul for roughing the punter when we would have had the ball at the New Caney 25 with a chance to go up 14-0. Another time we stop them going to the North endzone but get another 15 yard penalty for PI with both players hand-fighting and an uncatchable ball. On New Caney's last drive Perry rocks Ware on 4th down to get the stop but we get defensive holding in the south endzone giving them 4 more tries from the 2. Not to mention Crosby's other opportunity to go up 14-0 we snap the ball over the qb's head at the New Caney 5 then get another penalty backing us up basically out of scoring range with 4th and goal from nearly the 20.

New Caney has better players and is better coached than Dayton so they could pressure Crosby when we made mistakes, Crosby played bad against Dayton but Dayton only had 229 total yards and couldn't move the ball consistently enough to penalize Crosby for further mistakes. Trey Edwards also didn't get to play after rushing for 170 yards on Dayton the week before which took another key piece away from an already banged up backfield. New Caney is solid and might even be able to beat one of the 4 Fort Bend schools they will face in the second round but I think if we played that one again Crosby would win going away just like I feel we would with Dayton if we met up again.

If you really felt that way before the game then there's really no way you expect Dayton to beat them this week.    

Not trying to fire anyone up from Crosby, but I think their ONLY weak point on offense is Cotton's decision making at times. Against Dayton he seemed dead set on getting the ball to Netherly even when he was well covered. We heard for several weeks leading up to the game about how many weapons Crosby had (which they do) and what a high level Cotton was playing at... I just didn't see it. No matter how many D1 offers your receiver has, you can't just throw it up and not look to anyone else. Then again... maybe coach just went super conservative and just did enough to beat Dayton...