HAMBURGER DEPOT/SETXsports WEEKLY HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS PREVIEW SHOW/TONIGHT AT 6 PM!

WOSgrad

When you rank teams within a classification the strength of schedule and head to head should be the common denominators. When you rank them across classifications where they'll never play each other the criteria should mostly be based off win/loss records and who you feel will advance the furthest in their specific class. North shore has nearly three times the enrollment as Crosby and probably three times the talent. Crosby can play with LP as far as the skill positions go but we would be dominated at the line of scrimmage.

PNG lost to 4A-D2 WOS man. You saw when WOS played a good 5A team how they got abused. There's probably 15-20 5A teams in Houston that would beat WOS in similar fashion, yet PNG was held to 14 and lost by 14. Then after getting held to 14 I hear somebody last night say "Did you see how many points PNG didn't score on Nederland". Well, they got double what they got on WOS so is that really showing improvement? The heck with these winning streaks, what happened to actually winning the game when you had a chance?

We've been hearing this same crap for nearly 4 years now about how 22-5A teams improve in district play. Well, they're on the verge of going 2-14 these last two alignments if somebody from that district doesn't win a first round game.

As far as Crosby's strength of schedule we've won by 17 @ Nederland, by 34-0 over Angleton who will probably finish 3rd in their district, by 10 points @Dayton and just beat New Caney in overtime by one point off of the total we had with Dayton last year in OT. Like I said when the season started, Crosby has reached the point where we're no longer judged on wins and losses but instead on style points.   

Still want to consitently bash WOS I see. Foster would most likely smoke Crosby. Maybe if yall didnt play a cupcake pre season, you would see what a "good" 5A team is like. Peace out and and get back to me when you have more than 2 decent seasons in 40 years.

I judge Crosby by the eye ball test. I've seen them. I've read about them and I'm sorry I'm not 100% impressed. When i said how many points PNG didn't score on Nederland I think I meant WOS because 27 is a good amount of points so my mistake there.

Eyeball test, really man? I'm sure the only game you saw was when we beat Nederland @ Nederland by 17 points. A game where Ned was held to about 280 total yards and one offensive touchdown. 

What have you read besides something you probably wrote? Whatever it is it's obvious the more prolific writers around the state don't agree. Crosby is sandwiched between Cedar Park and George Ranch who probably won by a combined 100 points this week and still made up ground on both. 

We don't play in 22-5A man, there's teams over here that can actually beat us if we have an off night. 

Still want to consitently bash WOS I see. Foster would most likely smoke Crosby. Maybe if yall didnt play a cupcake pre season, you would see what a "good" 5A team is like. Peace out and and get back to me when you have more than 2 decent seasons in 40 years.

Lol, so Ned is a solid squad in district play but a cupcake in non-district? Why is WOS opening the season with a cupcake next year?

If you got out of Orange more you know all the teams Foster struggles with Crosby dogs out, I.E. PLC and Angleton. 

Nobody is bashing WOS, but y'all have a place and you need to stay in it. 

Playing Nederland and Angleton in pre district is cupcake now?  Hmmmmm, very interesting.  I've watched several games obviously that Crosby has played in this year.  The difference between this year and last year have been injuries, but they find a way to win.  How many teams can put a 5th RB in and the kid goes off like that?  O line banged up, running backs banged up, but it seems like a lot of people on here just like to disagree with 14.2.  Either way you look at it, about 3 years ago he started predicting this and got laughed it.  As far as WOS goes, they are a really good football in their classification.  

The difference between the two of us is you have biased eyes. I don't care if Crosby is winning or losing. I have zero ties to them. I can look at what happens in a game and decide what I think about it. I have only written once about Crosby so what I have read about them is not coming from me. I am very capable of forming an opinion just like anyone else but the only difference is mine isn't one sided. I am not saying Crosby isn't a great team. That part you are doing on your own. I have an AP vote and for a very long time now Crosby has been No. 2 on my ballot in 5A.

My only point last night really had to do with North Shore. North Shore to me, IF they handle La Porte, to me is a bigger win than anything Crosby has done this year. Yes they have 3 losses but go look at those 3 losses. 

Settle down guys. My opinion about Crosby is they are a great team but I have not seen anything that screams state championship at this time. 

Good luck this week.

I wouldn't say great, they're a pretty good team.  I don't have a biased opinion about them or any other team.  I try to give honest opinions, that's what cool about it, it's my opinion.  Not worth a lot I know, but heck, it's all I got.  Rankings honestly don't mount to a hill of beans so I won't get into that discussion.  Playoff runs come down to who gets hot, who stays healthy, and match ups.  Last year you probably didn't see a Semi final appearance either, but things just clicked and fell into place.

Playing Nederland and Angleton in pre district is cupcake now?  Hmmmmm, very interesting.  I've watched several games obviously that Crosby has played in this year.  The difference between this year and last year have been injuries, but they find a way to win.  How many teams can put a 5th RB in and the kid goes off like that?  O line banged up, running backs banged up, but it seems like a lot of people on here just like to disagree with 14.2.  Either way you look at it, about 3 years ago he started predicting this and got laughed it.  As far as WOS goes, they are a really good football in their classification.  

I didn't say anything about the injuries because you know the next statement would be "But I thought y'all were supposed to be so good and had all theses players". Well, now you see we do. There's no other 5A team in this entire area that could lose a player of Grace's caliber and still be relevant. 

Some people think the things I say are outlandish because it goes totally against what they've seen work back in the good 'ole days. It's rah rah and heart vs analytics and thoroughbreds. 

Not to mention the general contraction of the Golden Triangle as a whole, while three more new schools will open in this area dropping Manvel and Montgomery back into 5A and keeping Foster 5A. 

I just try to tell them what the numbers say Cal, it's just that if they ain't on a tape measure they don't believe them. 

I haven't been impressed with the overall offense, there have been injuries which are out of their control and they don't seem to put away the teams they should put away. Now, I say this due to the ranking and high regards they are held to. I compare their scores and schedule (which again is out of their control) and I don't see a team that has what it takes to go all the way. I could be dead wrong and I hope I am because I have nothing against Crosby. I like their coach and have talked to him several times and enjoy working with him. 

As I have said, if North Shore easily gets by La Porte, to me they have an overall better team than Crosby. That is really the only team I have compared Crosby to in the rankings because of what I think of North Shore. It might not make sense to anyone else but this is just how I think and I understand my opinion in the long wrong could be wrong and is worthless.