Goose Creek Memorial 18 Nederland 14/Final

WOSgrad

Great game, Patriots. Two years in a row this team upsets us. It's a real head scratcher to me because they always look good against us, but struggle vs. the other good teams in 22-5a. Ned was sloppy all night, dropped balls, forced throws, INTs, timely penalties. GCM looked quicker and had a great game plan to control the ball. Both years they've looked like a playoff team to me, but I guess they lack consistency. Congrats to GCM, y'all beat us again and deserved it. I don't think it was luck. Herman had a great game and was a matchup nightmare. Good luck the rest of the way. If my Dogs play like this next week, we won't even be sharing the DC in my opinion.

Welp, I bet Nederland is really excited about snapshot numbers GCM turned in so they can go back on another undefeated district run. Nice win for GCM and it is a bit of of head scratcher to how they play so bad against everyone else.

GCM may have had a bad game or two, but I wouldn't say they "play bad" against everyone else.  There is talent and speed on that team.

GCM may have had a bad game or two, but I wouldn't say they "play bad" against everyone else.  There is talent and speed on that team.

Well, you can't lose to Vidor and Lumberton and make the playoffs in that district.  They got smoked by PNG and barely beat LCM.  I guess that's what I meant by playing bad against everyone else.

One positive to take away, the defense continued to play well enough to win, offensively just weren't clicking, Nederland scores one time in the 2nd half and they win.  GCM congrats,  have to wonder would could've been if they played with more consistency

Agreed,sounds like the D did there job....Sounds like the O had a bad night, credit that to GCM. Congrats!!