Beaumont Ozen 44 Goose Creek Memorial 38/Final

WOSgrad

Lil C finish with 27 Total TD's 1800 yards and broke 3 school records while at it. Also lead his respective district in rushing and TD's like I've been saying all year BEST RB IN SETX.

idk if I wanna be best RB in SETX then, last yr it was Dauphine and he didnt sniff playoffs same can be said for Tyler. 

Lil C finish with 27 Total TD's 1800 yards and broke 3 school records while at it. Also lead his respective district in rushing and TD's like I've been saying all year BEST RB IN SETX.

Is he playing basketball?  :)

With the QB being a Senior, he will be hard pressed to put up those numbers next year.  It happens to most backs their Senior year, everyone keys on them and rightfully so.  If Ozen doesn't drop out of district with PN-G, Nederland and Central, he'll be the best back next year and won't make it to the playoffs... 

Edited by Jag Insider

idk if I wanna be best RB in SETX then, last yr it was Dauphine and he didnt sniff playoffs same can be said for Tyler. 

it's an amazing feat indeed, but let's put something in prospective here...  His best games, where he did the most work was against the teams with the worst defenses...  He ran wild against that NC team, both Baytown schools, Lumberton, and Vidor.  Other teams players weren't featured that night or was pulled early...

Is he playing basketball?  :)

With the QB being a Senior, he will be hard pressed to put up those numbers next year.  It happens to most backs their Senior year, everyone keys on them and rightfully so.  If Ozen doesn't drop out of district with PN-G, Nederland and Central, he'll be the best back next year and won't make it to the playoffs... 

He plays basketball...

True.  I looked at the pipeline...  No good QB's on JV or the Freshmen team...  Soooo, what?  Change the offense?  Could happen.  Suggs had a running back by committee mentality about 10 years ago....

He plays basketball...

True.  I looked at the pipeline...  No good QB's on JV or the Freshmen team...  Soooo, what?  Change the offense?  Could happen.  Suggs had a running back by committee mentality about 10 years ago....

He is going to have to do something.  I don't know how many Seniors they had this year but that JV and Freshman team won't be much of any help in replenishing the Varsity from what I have seen of them. 

Who cares about the playoffs he set himself up to receive some D-1 offers in the offseason thats what matters most I'd take a kid signing a D-1 scholarship on national signing over making the playoffs anyday

Oh so now winning and the playoffs don't matter to you and Ozen anymore?  Get out of here.  Shouldn't you be on the basketball forum with the rest of your Panther fans?  

I have no proproblem with the kid, him setting records or the coach.  But I promise you him, the coach and the rest of his teammates would give back those records for 1 more district win which would have them in the playoffs right now.  I am truly glad that him setting those records will give him more opportunities to further his education.  You never once heard me speak bad about that.  I hope he does great things in 9 of the 10 games he plays next year, of course not against us.  I  keep up with the number of kids over at Central who have the opportunity to play ball and further their education at the next level, no matter how big or small of a school. 25 since Foreman has been there in football alone and that doesn't include this year.  

Miss me with that "who cares about the playoffs?"  Let that Panther basketball team not make the playoffs and we will see who cares about playoffs...

Edited by Jag Insider

Oh so now winning and the playoffs don't matter to you and Ozen anymore?  Get out of here.  Shouldn't you be on the basketball forum with the rest of your Panther fans?  

I have no proproblem with the kid, him setting records or the coach.  But I promise you him, the coach and the rest of his teammates would give back those records for 1 more district win which would have them in the playoffs right now.  I am truly glad that him setting those records will give him more opportunities to further his education.  You never once heard me speak bad about that.  I hope he does great things in 9 of the 10 games he plays next year, of course not against us.  I  keep up with the number of kids over at Central who have the opportunity to play ball and further their education at the next level, no matter how big or small of a school. 25 since Foreman has been there in football alone and that doesn't include this year.  

Miss me with that "who care about the playoffs?"  Let that Panther basketball team not make the playoffs and we will see who cares about playoffs...

....and that's w 99% of the time, I don't take OF's posts seriously..  

Miss me with that "who cares about the playoffs?"  Let that Panther basketball team not make the playoffs and we will see who cares about playoffs...

I was talking about the kids individual statistics while you and soulja brought up the playoffs. Let me ask you this if your son played for Central would you rather his TEAM make the playoffs of him get a football scholarship I'll wait...

I was talking about the kids individual statistics while you and soulja brought up the playoffs. Let me ask you this if your son played for Central would you rather his TEAM make the playoffs of him get a football scholarship I'll wait...

Seems as though you support a single player getting a scholarship at the expense of a team. smh

they would be out front the school with signs saying to get that HC outta there ASAP. I could only imagine what the emails to the AD would look like along with what the phone calls to him would sound like. Pear Orchard would be pissed. 

Oz, looks like you are missing the point and I won't try to explain it again.  Maybe it's your Ozen comprehension.  I'm all for kids being able to further their education, I stress education to mine first and foremost.   And just so you know, I have a freshman at Central that is currently practicing with JV and Varsity (because of course the Jags are still playing football) and I have more following him...I guess at Central we just find a way to make the playoffs AND get scholarships for multiple kids...

Oz, looks like you are missing the point and I won't try to explain it again.  Maybe it's your Ozen comprehension.  I'm all for kids being able to further their education, I stress education to mine first and foremost.   And just so you know, I have a freshman at Central that is currently practicing with JV and Varsity (because of course the Jags are still playing football) and I have more following him...I guess at Central we just find a way to make the playoffs AND get scholarships for multiple kids...

I was just just about to post something similar to that knowing of your connections to the Jag program and your Freshman son.  (Very respectable young man May I add) .  But here's my take.  Probably mirror others sentaments...

OF, when you are a parent of a program, you become very close to your kid's teammates.  Even though the gaining recognition for scholarships is a top priority, you also don't want to leave your team mates hanging out to dry.  You follow the team concept.  If your child is good enough, he'll get noticed.  I'm a firm believer in that.  

they would be out front the school with signs saying to get that HC outta there ASAP. I could only imagine what the emails to the AD would look like along with what the phone calls to him would sound like. Pear Orchard would be pissed. 

Let me tell you this... I've been very close to the Ozen program for 4 years.  And I'll tell you this.  If Ozen misses the playoffs in basketball, not only will the Ozen faithful be irate, you have to deal with the Alumni association (they don't play) and the old Hebert alum.  And it won't be pretty.  Trust me...

Let me tell you this... I've been very close to the Ozen program for 4 years.  And I'll tell you this.  If Ozen misses the playoffs in basketball, not only will the Ozen faithful be irate, you have to deal with the Alumni association (they don't play) and the old Hebert alum.  And it won't be pretty.  Trust me...

Are they as passionate about foozeball too or have they given up with all the years of futility?????

Are they as passionate about foozeball too or have they given up with all the years of futility?????

they had 83 ppl show up in Baytown last year for their win or go home game with GCM, I'd say no they're not that passionate about the sport for right now. 

they had 83 ppl show up in Baytown last year for their win or go home game with GCM, I'd say no they're not that passionate about the sport for right now. 

...but I remember back about 15 years ago there was a 2 year stretch there when Ozen ran Beaumont.  The stands at Lamar U stayed pretty close to capacity... 

Those were the Brooks years.  When 20 4A had 10 teams and Ozen and Central tied for the DC the 1st year.  He was 2-1 against Ned and 1-2 against PN-G(I think)

wasnt Ozen in 19-4A with Jasper and Silsbee when Brooks was there?? I went to a Ozen vs Jasper district game in 2001 at LU, I dont remember if Brooks was the coach there yet or was still at Jasper. 

Those were the Brooks years.  When 20 4A had 10 teams and Ozen and Central tied for the DC the 1st year.  He was 2-1 against Ned and 1-2 against PN-G(I think)

The first four years Ozen was in the old 19-4a with Lumberton, Silsbee, Vidor, LCM, Jasper. They won 2 district championships and were in the playoffs every year but the first.  Since then, they have won one DC (2002 and shared one in 2004.)  They have had a winning record once since 2005

1998     TH             3-8-0         169-346          Arthur Louis
1999    CO/R          6-5-0         298-191          Arthur Louis
2000      C              9-3-0         397-294          Arthur Louis
2001     TH             6-4-0         376-255          Arthur Louis
2002      C              8-2-0         280-154          Thomas Brooks
2003                      6-4-0         234-136          Thomas Brooks
2004    TRI//R         8-4-0         381-229          Thomas Brooks
2005      R              7-3-0         295-200          John Clayton
2006                      1-9-0         158-338          John Clayton
2007                      4-6-0         163-224          Ishan Rison
2008                      3-6-0         192-268          Ishan Rison
2009                      3-7-0         194-302          Jeff Nelson
2010                      2-8-0         254-343          Jeff Nelson
2011      F              7-6-0         345-323          Jeff Nelson
2012      F              4-7-0         241-286          Jeff Nelson
2013                      3-7-0         188-280          Keeath Magee
2014      F              4-7-0         258-397          David Suggs

ALL-TIME RECORD:     84-96-0         10-4-0
Playoff Record: 5-10-0

Edited by bigdog

The first four years Ozen was in the old 19-4a with Lumberton, Silsbee, Vidor, LCM. They won 2 distict championships and were in the playoffs every year but the first.  Since then, they have won one (2002 and shared one in 2004.)  They have had a winning record once since 2005

1998     TH             3-8-0         169-346          Arthur Louis
1999    CO/R          6-5-0         298-191          Arthur Louis
2000      C              9-3-0         397-294          Arthur Louis
2001     TH             6-4-0         376-255          Arthur Louis
2002      C              8-2-0         280-154          Thomas Brooks
2003                      6-4-0         234-136          Thomas Brooks
2004    TRI//R         8-4-0         381-229          Thomas Brooks
2005      R              7-3-0         295-200          John Clayton
2006                      1-9-0         158-338          John Clayton
2007                      4-6-0         163-224          Ishan Rison
2008                      3-6-0         192-268          Ishan Rison
2009                      3-7-0         194-302          Jeff Nelson