Beaumont Ozen 44 Goose Creek Memorial 38/Final

WOSgrad

Seems as though you support a single player getting a scholarship at the expense of a team. smh

A kid that I know personally why wouldn't I support him getting a scholarship? Lol makes no sense, as I've stated before making the playoffs is cool but kids have to think about whats most important which is their future. The only person that benefits from a team making the playoffs is the school and coaches. So if Lil C getting a D-1 scholarships means his team not making the playoffs so be it. It's crazy how some teams make the playoffs every year but don't have one kids go on to get a free education and most fans are ok with this. Sad honestly.

Oz, looks like you are missing the point and I won't try to explain it again.  Maybe it's your Ozen comprehension.  I'm all for kids being able to further their education, I stress education to mine first and foremost.   And just so you know, I have a freshman at Central that is currently practicing with JV and Varsity (because of course the Jags are still playing football) and I have more following him...I guess at Central we just find a way to make the playoffs AND get scholarships for multiple kids...

You still didn't answer my question Jag, which one would you rather your son accomplish? Making the playoffs or getting a scholarship? And please stop bragging about the playoffs making the playoffs with a losing record is nothing to be excited about especially when everyone knows that you'll be playing basketball on Monday right along with Ozen. 

PS. For everyone talking about Ozen's football pride please remember that Ozen is and always has been primarily a basketball school football has always been second tier on it's campus. 

You still didn't answer my question Jag, which one would you rather your son accomplish? Making the playoffs or getting a scholarship? And please stop bragging about the playoffs making the playoffs with a losing record is nothing to be excited about especially when everyone knows that you'll be playing basketball on Monday right along with Ozen. 

PS. For everyone talking about Ozen's football pride please remember that Ozen is and always has been primarily a basketball school football has always been second tier on it's campus. 

I thought that a team UNDER .500 is the team with a losing record?  5-5 is NOT under .500, Sir....