Crosby Scouting Report

14.2, I know it's been discussed on here before but how has your current coach compared to the previous coach.  How many years, overall records, etc.  It sounds like the previous coach had what many would consider a successful tenure at Crosby.  How do the two compare?

Flannigan had about a .575 win percentage, was 30-15 in district with two titles including seasons of 7-0,6-1,6-1. His non-district record and 4-7 playoff record is what probably did him in though. He was at Crosby for 8 years. 

Riordan has a .837 win percentage, is 28-4 in district with one title. He's 7-4 in the playoffs, the exact opposite of what Flannigan was in twice the time. The last three years he's 33-4 with a chance to get to 39-4.

in bold: tells me all I need to know. 

Exactly.

Rio is one of the best in the area. BTW, Coach Mann is ridiculous at the HS level. This dude is a treasure that Crosby  better do right for YEARS to come.

Exactly.

Rio is one of the best in the area. BTW, Coach Mann is ridiculous at the HS level. This dude is a treasure that Crosby  better do right for YEARS to come.

Rio is probably more than one of the best in the area, he's probably at the point now where he can cherry pick any job in the state. IMO unless he takes a college job as a position coach him and Mann are pretty much one entity. Two football IQs like they have are always better than one. I don't think Riordan would have the same effect/appeal/control/connection/respect from the kids as he does without Mann sort of being the liaison. On the flip side, Mann gets to keep the golden ticket in his pocket due to the W's and notoriety Riordan is bringing to the program. They're elite additions t any program in the state. 

Rio is probably more than one of the best in the area, he's probably at the point now where he can cherry pick any job in the state. IMO unless he takes a college job as a position coach him and Mann are pretty much one entity. Two football IQs like they have are always better than one. I don't think Riordan would have the same effect/appeal/control/connection/respect from the kids as he does without Mann sort of being the liaison. On the flip side, Mann gets to keep the golden ticket in his pocket due to the W's and notoriety Riordan is bringing to the program. They're elite additions t any program in the state. 

I would think that as long as Crosby has a " Sqwirl " scoring TD's for Crosby,Riordan may want to hold off on the moving vans

Edited by Justafan72

I would think that as long as Crosby has a " Sqwirl " scoring TD's for Crosby,Riordan may want to hold off on the moving vans

I still don't know why he would leave even then? He's got another stud, SEC style running back coming through the program and perhaps his best qb. Lots of size coming with them too. What 5A job can you really put above Crosby right now? Especially when you include the compensation and knowing it'll eventually be 6A. I would imagine he would have to take less compensation to move up and coach most 6A's. 

Can of you Crosby people tailgating before the game?

it has been known to happen but I haven't heard anything official yet.  May just hit up Pappasitos in Humble for happy hour.  Why looking to put faces to these hated screen names? 

I still don't know why he would leave even then? He's got another stud, SEC style running back coming through the program and perhaps his best qb. Lots of size coming with them too. What 5A job can you really put above Crosby right now? Especially when you include the compensation and knowing it'll eventually be 6A. I would imagine he would have to take less compensation to move up and coach most 6A's. 

Not trying to start anything, but there are a couple of schools, that are above Crosby ...IMO

Aledo, (Facilities, Area, Fanbase, Money, Championships)

Cedar Park (Facilities, Area, Fanbase, Money, Championships)

Not trying to start anything, but there are a couple of schools, that are above Crosby ...IMO

Aledo, (Facilities, Area, Fanbase, Money, Championships)

Cedar Park (Facilities, Area, Fanbase, Money, Championships)

Lol, look at what you just said. "A couple" that blow Crosby away, but do they really? Crosby had more fans than Cedar Park at the game last year and our AD is probably better compensated than a guy who's a coach in a 6 school district. Not to mention that compensation goes a lot farther in Houston vs Austin. 

I agree that taking over a dynasty is probably more attractive than trying to build one though. 

Lol, look at what you just said. "A couple" that blow Crosby away, but do they really? Crosby had more fans than Cedar Park at the game last year and our AD is probably better compensated than a guy who's a coach in a 6 school district. Not to mention that compensation goes a lot farther in Houston vs Austin. 

I agree that taking over a dynasty is probably more attractive than trying to build one though. 

look at LT. 

I could name more but, that is for another thread..lol

Good luck to Crosby in the playoffs

look at LT. 

Yeah, after Morris built it Carter just has to maintain it. Same for Steve Wood at Aledo after Buchannan spent 21 years building it up. Same for Abseck at Cedar Park who replaced Joe Willis this year when he left for a two school district and more money presumably. You could even look at Trinity on the 6A level with Chris Jensen taking over. The only part bad about taking over jobs like that are that they come with expectations.

Yeah, after Morris built it Carter just has to maintain it. Same for Steve Wood at Aledo after Buchannan spent 21 years building it up. Same for Abseck at Cedar Park who replaced Joe Willis this year when he left for a two school district and more money presumably. You could even look at Trinity on the 6A level with Chris Jensen taking over. The only part bad about taking over jobs like that are that they come with expectations.

Dicus (sp?) was building it before Morris at LT... correct? Just saying. You're right on.