George Will- Lawd Have Mercy!!!

BLUEDOVE3

I don't expect this thread to have too many birthers  ( I could not resist) but yall know it's getting bad when one of your major players is talking about leaving the GOP. I suspect a minority of you will try your best to minimize his move with non-incidental chatter.  It's bad fellas. You guys are on the the Titanic and playing in the band as the survivors sail away to new opportunities.

I think this is a wonderful indicator of just how unbiased and independent the Republican crowd is.  If they don't like somebody or something, they don't mind making it known as opposed to another portion of society that simply tows the party line no questions asked.  As for the Titanic we are ALL on it and we better quit believing that the only solution is the one that one person/group believes in.

3 minutes ago, stevenash said:

I think this is a wonderful indicator of just how unbiased and independent the Republican crowd is.  If they don't like somebody or something, they don't mind making it known as opposed to another portion of society that simply tows the party line no questions asked.  As for the Titanic we are ALL on it and we better quit believing that the only solution is the one that one person/group believes in.

unbiased????Really!

2 hours ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

I don't expect this thread to have too many birthers  ( I could not resist) but yall know it's getting bad when one of your major players is talking about leaving the GOP. I suspect a minority of you will try your best to minimize his move with non-incidental chatter.  It's bad fellas. You guys are on the the Titanic and playing in the band as the survivors sail away to new opportunities.

I assume you are referring to the Hillary camp. You know, the originators of the "Birther" movement.

One of most compelling of these tales of self-sacrifice is that of the Titanic's band. They weren't part of the ship's crew (although they nominally signed ship's orders, they were carried as passengers), and they weren't needed to keep the power running or to load the lifeboats; likely no one would have protested if they had sought places in lifeboats. Instead, of their own volition, they stayed with the ship until the very end, steadfastly playing light, airy music to help keep passengers calm while the available lifeboats were loaded. 

1 hour ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

One of most compelling of these tales of self-sacrifice is that of the Titanic's band. They weren't part of the ship's crew (although they nominally signed ship's orders, they were carried as passengers), and they weren't needed to keep the power running or to load the lifeboats; likely no one would have protested if they had sought places in lifeboats. Instead, of their own volition, they stayed with the ship until the very end, steadfastly playing light, airy music to help keep passengers calm while the available lifeboats were loaded. 

So your belief is that making "the end" more comfortable is better than trying to prevent or deal with "the end"?

2 hours ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

So that's what Nero was doing while Rome burned...he was just trying to keep his citizens calm. And I always thought his fiddling (actually a myth) was because of his callousness and indifference, but I now see it shows his compassion for his people.

I guess what it really shows is that different people can look at the same scenarios and draw completely different conclusions.

And I guess since I will never use a "D" to identify my party affiliation, this means I flip-flopped instead of evolving.

12 hours ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

I agree

8 hours ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

Lol. Didn't a Republican politician jump ship 3 days ago? Are we talking about the same guy?

There's a band playing, and the Titanic is sinking.  Only it's not the Republican Party, it's the United States sinking in a quagmire of debt primarily from the ever growing Nanny State.  For a country to be successful, virtually everyone must pull their own weight.  When you pay people to do nothing, that's what they do, nothing.  Now the "do nothing's are taking out more than the "working people" can put in.  

33 minutes ago, REBgp said:

There's a band playing, and the Titanic is sinking.  Only it's not the Republican Party, it's the United States sinking in a quagmire of debt primarily from the ever growing Nanny State.  For a country to be successful, virtually everyone must pull their own weight.  When you pay people to do nothing, that's what they do, nothing.  Now the "do nothing's are taking out more than the "working people" can put in.  

REBgp- Where is your compassion?  After all, those who aren't pulling their own weight are only in that position because the rich Caucasians manipulated the system and denied them a fair opportunity to succeed.  I think LeBron James should share his NBA World Title winnings with those who were cut from the NBA teams this year. 

15 minutes ago, stevenash said:

REBgp- Where is your compassion?  After all, those who aren't pulling their own weight are only in that position because the rich Caucasians manipulated the system and denied them a fair opportunity to succeed.  I think LeBron James should share his NBA World Title winnings with those who were cut from the NBA teams this year. 

Lol, I think the Big Guy would kick them cut dudes in the behind and tell them to work harder.  I still like the Gov in Maine that requires able bodied people on welfare to do volunteer work, I think it was three days a week.  Anything to make them productive, and encourage them to look for work. 

9 minutes ago, REBgp said:

Lol, I think the Big Guy would kick them cut dudes in the behind and tell them to work harder.  I still like the Gov in Maine that requires able bodied people on welfare to do volunteer work, I think it was three days a week.  Anything to make them productive, and encourage them to look for work. 

Sadly ( make that VERY SADLY), this attitude has been replaced with the " I am a victim /I have a grievance" attitude and somebody OWES me something.