The Answer to Why. An Old Man's Epiphany

Hagar

Wow, one of two things.  I'm locked into some kind of cosmic energy, or all this meds I'm taking for my sinuses has given me enlightenment.   I can't stand to see a large swing in folks and not be able to explain it, or, find some logical reason for it.  It's there, so I really want to find it. In this case, I'm talking about, "why do so many Americans vote democrat, when it's obvious they're ruining our country"?  Here's my disclaimer- I started not to post this.  Don't want you guys to think I've gone bonkers.  But since it's the only "logical reason" I've come up with, I wanted to run it by y'all.  

First, about 40 years ago, a friend fell hard for this woman, & when she dropped him, he went to a psychiatrist (before going to one was cool).  Dr. gave him script for pills.  I ask him how they worked.  He said, "Don't make you high, you just don't care".  If my car rolls back in the street & gets smashed by a bus, no problem".   Course I don't know what kind of Med it was, but perhaps it was an early version of antidepressants?  Probably was, since he had severe depression.  Currently, known antidepressant use is between 10-15%, with many more getting online from foreign countries.  Easily enough "swing" to affect the outcome of our election.  Hey, the country is going to h-ll, and the voter says, No problem.   I guess it sounds stupid, but it's the only way I can explain quasi normal people voting For an ultra liberal Dem like Hillary.  Anyone have another explanation?

11 minutes ago, REBgp said:

FrWow, one of two things.  I'm locked into some kind of cosmic energy, or all this meds I'm taking for my sinuses has given me enlightenment.   I can't stand to see a large swing in folks and not be able to explain it, or, find some logical reason for it.  It's there, so I really want to find it. In this case, I'm talking about, "why do so many Americans vote democrat, when it's obvious they're ruining our country"?  Here's my disclaimer- I started not to post this.  Don't want you guys to think I've gone bonkers.  But since it's the only "logical reason" I've come up with, I wanted to run it by y'all.  

First, about 40 years ago, a friend fell hard for this woman, & when she dropped him, he went to a psychiatrist (before going to one was cool).  Dr. gave him script for pills.  I ask him how they worked.  He said, "Don't make you high, you just don't care".  If my car rolls back in the street & gets smashed by a bus, no problem".   Course I don't know what kind of Med it was, but perhaps it was an early version of antidepressants?  Probably was, since he had severe depression.  Currently, known antidepressant use is between 10-15%, with many more getting online from foreign countries.  Easily enough "swing" to affect the outcome of our election.  Hey, the country is going to h-ll, and the voter says, No problem.   I guess it sounds stupid, but it's the only way I can explain quasi normal people voting For an ultra liberal Dem like Hillary.  Anyone have another explanation?

Free stuff

12 minutes ago, stevenash said:

Free stuff

No, the free stuff is for the poor who are shackled and chained to the Dems and answer to whichever Dem is head of thr Plantation at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave..  I'm talking about middle and upper middle class Americans, who in the past wouldn't have voted Hillary for dogcatcher.  Not 20 years ago.  The meds is the only answer I can come up with.  Help me out sn.  I must have a little Vulcan in me, it's not logical.