***Nominations for the All SETXsports Team!!!***

Cat22

How many positions are there going to be for the all setxsports team? for example, is there going to be a mvp, off mvp, def mvp, newcomer, 5-1st team, 5-2nd team, and maybe 5-3rd team?  I think this needs to be specified so when people are doing nominations they'll know what they are nominating for.

Guest bleed orange

Lets see,

B.Scott, WOS

K. Sanders, OF

J Shores, OF

D. Kellum, KV

M. Carmon, HF

A. Green, Silsbee

B. Fowler, Silsbee

C. Pickering, Lumberton

C. Wilson, Lumberton

Sorry but 3A rules. ;)

1st Team

Scott WOS

Wilson Lumberton

Sanders OF

Green Silsbee

Kellum Kville

2nd Team

Carmon HF

Pickering Lumberton

Little OF

Henderson WOS

Fowler Silsbee

Honorable Mention

Shores OF

Roy OF

the point guard for HJ (name?)

Riddick OF

I didnt see Barbers Hill play, i'm sure there are a couple from there.  Central and Ozen i'm not familiar with really either.  There are a lot of names i know i'm leaving out, but i think this is the best 10 there could a few i dont know that could crack the list.

Well, once again this is my personal All SETXsports team for 2006-07. Last year B.James of WOS and G. Mattox of Kountze struck me as the premier players in our area but this year there is a bumper crop. I am listing ten that I think are as good as it gets that I have seen play this year.

Brittany Scott- (WOS)  In my personal opinion she is the best player in all of      class 3A and is a special player that can carry a team on her shoulders.

Dee Kellum (Kirbyville)- another super star who can do it all and like Scott can carry her team sometimes by herself.

Ang Green (Silsbee)- Although just a junior, Ang is proving herself to be at least mentioned in the same breath as former Silsbee greats LaQuan Stallworth and Brandi McCain who I also enjoyed watching play. Somewhat overshadowed by Scott's 49 point masterpiece in the regional quarterfinals, Green quietly led Silsbee with 31. Honestly, after seeing her ankle wrapped in ice after the area game I wasn't sure she would even be playing against WOS...she's got guts!

Courtney Wilson (Lumberton)- In my opinion, the premier low post player in all of SETX this six footer dominates on both offense and defense and I love her attitude!

Chelsea Pickering (Lumberton)- She can play any position on the floor and is a master on both ends of the court. She is a force!

Kristy Sanders (Orangefield)- A great point guard. Her presence on the court seems to make her whole team better. Quick and tough and sees the court well.

Brandi Fowler (Silsbee)- Brandi has had a great career at SHS and I thought this was her best year. She is wicked on the baseline and quick.

Memri Carmen (HF)- Another superstar who feasted from both inside and outside. I think she is an incredible athlete.

Janae Henderson (WOS)- In my opinion the one true big low post in 21-3A. She has a beautiful touch on her shot and complimented Scott well.

KK Little (OF)- KK impressed me both times she played Silsbee this year both on offense and defense. She is tough and gritty and does many things to help her team. I noticed on the regional program that she is also just a junior.

In fairness to Central and Barbers Hill, I didn't get to see them play but I know they had very good players too. Once again, these are my personal nominations for the All SETXsports team if my vote counts.

Someone dig up the names of a girl from Central and Ozen. They had to have a star. I didnt see them at all since I mainly covered 21-3A so much.

I saw Kelly twice and Hanna Godina was pretty good.

Thats all I have, think I covered OF and WOS a 100 times each! Its all that is in my scorebook ;D

Certainly we have to add to the list players like :

1. Nancy Kirkendoll - the defensive player of the year from Central

2. Treasure Eddie - all district guard from Memorial.

3. Brittany Kinlaw - all district wing from Memorial.

4. Samantha Grubbs - all district wing from Nederland.

5. Chaunte' Finney - all district post from Nederland.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    janaxad4
    Newest Member
    janaxad4