2016 Hoopsgiving Classic/TODAY, updates

16 minutes ago, Kountzer said:

Savir Wheeler, the pg for HC, is very good, super quick.  I was expecting hime to get the offensive player of the game.  Devon did his thing too.   Silsbee showed a lot of balance and depth.  Good win.

Difference is I don't think Wheeler dished one time going to the hole.  If Devon had his minutes and shot attempts, he would have scored 40-50.  

10 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Really curious to see how Silsbee competes in the FB tournament this year.  I don't know if I'm biased but they impressed me more than either of these 6A teams.  

I'm ready also to see how they play with Wagner. This will  be a very big game for Silsbee  as you know this. But my I " ask your opinion on who was the best team you seen play today ?

1 hour ago, TxHoops said:

Difference is I don't think Wheeler dished one time going to the hole.  If Devon had his minutes and shot attempts, he would have scored 40-50.  

I was impressed by Wheelers speed and finishing.  I can't remember but I thought be dished a time or two.  I was really impressed by him coming out and congratulating Devon just before Devon received the player(s) of the game awards.  Very solid first game for my Tigers.  We will improve on some things and get better as time goes on.  But remember, this was the first time the entire team has been on the floor together in a game. The football players didn't play in any scrimmages and I know during the summer we were always without a player or two. So there is definitely going to be some improvement on timing and other team work areas.

45 minutes ago, ST413 said:

Didn't I hear comments like "they aren't very good", "they haven't run one play" and "they have  too much talent, better to have just one or two"?

I didn't hear the first thing (if it was said, it wasn't about silsbee).  I heard the second but I think that person was talking about HC (his kid played there and isn't a big fan of the coach).  

And there was a lot of discussion about the different groups.  To be honest, there was a significant drop off today after the first 5.  If you noticed, every time HC made a run, it was while the first 5 was on the bench.  In their biggest run (11-0), the HC coach called a timeout when they cut it to 1 and Sigler had his first group at the scorer's table waiting to check in. 

Having said that, still a huge advantage for the Tigers because they wore HC out constantly throwing "fresh legs" at them.  Eventually, it helped them blow the game open.  And to be honest, more times than not, their second 5 will be significantly better than the other team's first 5.  Just wasn't the case today. 

46 minutes ago, ST413 said:

Didn't I hear comments like "they aren't very good", "they haven't run one play" and "they have  too much talent, better to have just one or two"?

Ok, was just told the last comment was made by my FB friend when discussing GLV.  Wasn't about either of the two teams playing at the time.